Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 10:32 PM

Default My biggest $15/$30 Pot, Could I have gotten more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Handed $15/$30 Limit

Hammer Bac is at seat 1 with $332.00
Matadore is at seat 2 with $1421.00
Mendy is at seat 3 with $562.50
NevadaBob is at seat 4 with $788.00 (Pretty Solid Player)
TexasJeff is at seat 5 with $829.50
JeppeM is at seat 6 with $1281.50
B-Rock is at seat 7 with $0.00 (Loose, Fish)
*HERO* is at seat 8 with $1956.00
haldun is at seat 9 with $888.00 (Loose, Fish, raise when have something pretty good)
Code 3 is at seat 10 with $385.50

haldun posts the large blind $15.00
Hammer Bac posts the small blind $7.50
*HERO* posts the small blind $7.50

*HERO*: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
haldun: --, --
Code 3: --, --
Matadore: --, --
Mendy: --, --
NevadaBob: --, --
TexasJeff: --, --
JeppeM: --, --

Pre-flop:

Code 3: Call $15.00
Matadore: Fold
Mendy: Call $15.00
NevadaBob: Call $15.00
TexasJeff: Fold
JeppeM: Fold
*HERO*: Call $15.00
haldun: Raise $30.00
Code 3: Raise $45.00
Mendy: Call $45.00
NevadaBob: Call $45.00
*HERO*: Call $45.00
haldun: Call $45.00

<font color="blue">Hell no I am not folding with this many callers and the retards up front.</font>

Flop (Board: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]):

*HERO*: Bet $15.00
haldun: Call $15.00
Code 3: Raise $30.00
Mendy: Fold
NevadaBob: Raise $45.00
*HERO*: Raise $60.00
haldun: Call $60.00
Code 3: Call $60.00
NevadaBob: Call $60.00

<font color="blue">Here I want to bet, pretty sure will get raised and perhaps 3 bet here by either the PFR 3 or capper. I don't really like NevadaBob 3 betting here. He is raising Ts-As PFR and wouldn't raise high cards here. It honestly smells like 7s, but with so many people in and the draws out, I am not taking a chance by making it cheap.</font>

Turn (Board: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]):

*HERO*: Bet $30.00
haldun: Call $30.00
Code 3: Call $30.00
NevadaBob: Raise $60.00
*HERO*: Call $60.00
haldun: Call $60.00
Code 3: Call $60.00

<font color="blue">I have played with NevadaBob for awhile and am not sure I am ahead anymore when he's willing to raise again. I think he might either has a 98s or 7s. I consider the people inbetween to be cushion enough. Is this where I went wrong? There aren't really any other draws here.</font>

River (Board: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]):

*HERO*: Check
haldun: Check
Code 3: Check
NevadaBob: Bet $30.00
*HERO*: Call $30.00
haldun: Call $30.00
Code 3: Call $30.00

<font color="blue">I think I make more here by just calling, especially with this card. I wasn't gonna bet, cause I don't see NevadaBob checking anything here.</font>

Good analysis? I think I played it right, and just wondering from more experience players at this level if I was more passive than they would have been with so many people in. It only takes one person to win, doesn't matter if there are 20 in between, or perhaps my thinking is off on this. If you consider you have 80% of the players beat, do you throw in one more, even if you might not have one of the others, or will their overcalls make up for it.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: My biggest $15/$30 Pot, Could I have gotten more?

You said Nevada Bob is a pretty solid player. It doesn't sound like he has a 3,4 and I don't see a solid player making it three bets with eight, nine in most situations, even a call here in a unraised pot preflop would surprise me. The only he hand that he logically has that beats your hand is 7,7. Minus the fact that you won this pot, I think it is key that you make it three bets on the turn as you need to make these fish make a huge mistake to draw to a one card straight in case they are holding some garbage like 7,9, put pressure on the field and three bet the turn and bet the river when the king hits, if it gets four bet then slow down, but you need to make it three and apply pressure so that players make huge mistakes.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:50 PM

My bad, I didn't see the preflop play. I guess eight nine suited is a small possibility but with a limp in and a cold call for two more depending on how aggressive Nevada Bob is it looks like pocket sevens-tens, maybe eight nine suited with two limpers calling in front of him. I am interested in his holding, what did he show down? I have a feeling he had pocket eights or nines, or he may not be as solid as you are claiming with an early limp in and calling two more cold.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess eight nine suited is a small possibility but with a limp in

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not far fetched at all IMO, this is a hand I might/likely would limp with at this table.

[ QUOTE ]
depending on how aggressive Nevada Bob is it looks like pocket sevens-tens

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way he plays 8s-Ts like this.

[ QUOTE ]
he may not be as solid as you are claiming with an early limp in and calling two more cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the largest mistake. And if he's solid (when I give a player description, it's because I have played with him enouogh to know him, so yes he's solid, being his postflop makes up for his semi-loose preflop, which actually isn't the biggest mistake).
Old 03-26-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess eight nine suited is a small possibility but with a limp in

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not far fetched at all IMO, this is a hand I might/likely would limp with at this table.

He 3 bet the flop u think 89 is a decent possibiltiy when he 3 bet the flop?
Old 03-26-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He 3 bet the flop u think 89 is a decent possibiltiy when he 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Against an okay player, what hand can you put him on when he 3 bets the flop? If I should have raised somewhere, where?