Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 07:04 PM

Default think about it.

I botched this hand perhaps, but; this is from a whle ago too, where Hero is really me, no trick. NL200 live, 1/2 blinds. PLayers all have 200+, Hero has them covered.

5 limpers, small blind completes, Hero checks with ATo no [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Tx. What is Hero's plan for the hand? Think. 14$ in the pot. (No rake, a time toke is taken)

Keep in mind all players are bad, except SB is pretty good. Limpers are a smattering of EP, MP, and LP, except the players have very little concept of positional awareness.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: think about it.

This is a decent spot to check and see the action behind you. If there is a bet and a raise, you are done. If there is a bet and no calls, then I would call and then lead the turn. If there is a bet and some calls then I would probably check/raise but can't guarantee it. Might depend if SB is in the mix somewhere.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:20 PM

ok.. bad how.. loose passive, super LAG's ?

if i know at least one of them is going to bet regardless of what comes up, i might check-raise.

disguise the draw while still holding TPTK, might be tempted with a small raise though, give the people odd's if there on the same (dominated) draws to keep them in.

on the turn and river i still represent TPTK with weak half pot bets, should the draw hit two of us i can't see myself not getting paid off, whichever way i choose to build.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Standard pot I would think

The flop looks like it hit a blind hand and in position against bad players having to cold call $14 you'll get respect.

It depends on what you mean by bad, if you mean calling a pot bet with anything at all then obviously betting here is a bad idea, but against your average 'bad' players I'm potting this every time. It you're gettting callers then obviously the turn is going to be horrible as there isn't a safe card except for an non-club A or T.

Still, this is a clear canditate for taking down the flop imo.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:05 PM

You're saying you should bluff. But you have way to good a hand for that. And against people who will call with absolutely anything, I am definitely betting here. But my thinking is that even bad players won't call with absolute nothing but they might incorrectly slowplay something like a set on the flop. So you might end up trapping yourself on the turn and have little chance of improving when behind. So better to play it cautiously. Betting out here is essentially overrepresenting your hand, which is not a great idea.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:14 PM

going to dinner, but general "bad," meaning: loose passive preflop, on the flop will call too much, poor concept of pot odds/implied odds/stack size v pot size (ie they will call too much for particular draws) dont protect their hands enough (or some protect "too" much, but this table was more loose passive then loose aggressive) etc. I dont mean every player had those characteristics, but just envision a typical NL25 table or so, and notch the players a rank below.

just something to think about on the flop, remember the flop is just one street, if i lead out how should i handle certain turns. i just think this is interesting, because i have a probable best hand (even 7 way) but protecting my hand can be very expensive in a multi way pot where almost every turn is bad.