Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Like my line on MPTK??

Reads: LPP table, CO has 40%+ VPIP over 30 hands but not aggressive post flop. MP1 is a little different LAP but still not aggro after the flop VPIP > 60%, PFR 9% over 50 hands.

This is a little different than most standard hands. Pls let me know if I'm betting this for "value" at all or just being silly.

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Standard

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Was looking to possibly check raise a late bettor to isolate but looks like noone hit the flop

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

I don't think anyone has the K and I have MPTK so I bet out, hard to imagine the 7 helped anyone except for 77 in which case they would be raised

River: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.
Opponents still passive, I put them on bottom/low pair. I bet again for value? A wacky straight is possible...?

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 02-18-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Like my line on MPTK??

Nice hand. Your plan to go for a flop check/raise is a good one. If you were planning to check/call I would have told you to bet the flop. Good turn/river bets.

Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Looks fine to me. You have been shown no resistance and it's pretty hard to put someone on the K. Even if you lose to a K, you get a nice note. I play the same.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:13 AM

If you checkraise this flop a hand like KJ or KT is going to go into calldown mode and you are going to lose another 2 BB only to find out that you scared them with your middle pair checkraise. The reason you have to bet this flop is that if you do have the best hand, any T J Q and possibly 3 could beat you. You also want to find out where you are. If you're raised it's easy to call and check/fold the turn UI, but if you're just called you can fire again on the turn.

The way you played it, you were certainly right to bet the turn and river.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason you have to bet this flop is that if you do have the best hand, any T J Q and possibly 3 could beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very important concept. Even more so when the pot gets big.

Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 02:36 AM

So really I should bet the flop and not go for a check-raise?

When would you go for a C/R to a late position bettor when you have less than TPTK (i.e. TPNK or MPTK)?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2005, 02:40 AM

If you had QJ and the flop were KQ3r, a late position checkraise would probably be more correct. The problem in this hand is there are so many overcards to your 9's that could come.

Honestly I hardly ever checkraise less than top pair (except draws for value) like this. Checkraising commits you to leading the next street in most cases, and you're going to get called down so much by top pair that you're losing a lot of money. If you bet and get raised, however, you can be pretty sure you're no good unless you hit one of your five outs. Plus when you do make two pair/trips on the turn you can checkraise the turn or river more easily.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So really I should bet the flop and not go for a check-raise?

When would you go for a C/R to a late position bettor when you have less than TPTK (i.e. TPNK or MPTK)?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the c/r attempt.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:50 AM

Bigger pot or less people and I like betting. with 6 people for one bet preflop, leading out might not be the best play.

Brad