Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Why does 25NL suck so much??

I play strictly 1-2 Limit online. I have started incorperating some 25NL tables into my game because in a few weeks I will be back at college and know that the only games around will me small stakes NL. I have been playing online and the games are not profitable. Everyone tries to limp in with everything for a quarter. If you raise even a dollar people fold. The only time peopple go all in is with a pocket pair! I just don't get it.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Why does 25NL suck so much??

You've forgotten something important. It's called postflop play.

(And if everyone folds preflop every time you raise to $1, the games should be very profitable. But they don't.)
Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM

It doesn't. Small stakes NL is extremely profitable.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise even a dollar people fold. The only time peopple go all in is with a pocket pair! I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the case, my answer would be to raise more often.
But in the countless hours I've spent there, I can tell you that my standard raise (higher than 1$) has been called regularly, many times by more than 2 players.

Stick around a bit, try late nights perhaps. When a table seems too tight for your liking, change around !
Old 09-07-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play strictly 1-2 Limit online. I have started incorperating some 25NL tables into my game because in a few weeks I will be back at college and know that the only games around will me small stakes NL. I have been playing online and the games are not profitable. Everyone tries to limp in with everything for a quarter. If you raise even a dollar people fold. The only time peopple go all in is with a pocket pair! I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like to compete with better players, try some NL200. It doesn't SUCK as much.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That hasn't been my experience. I suspect you're playing NL like Limit which won't work.