Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:39 AM

Default C/R turned into calldown

I think he is raising the flop just because he doesn't think I hit my high cards, so I plan on c/r the turn. Then the queen seems like a card he coul have hit, I dunno... Thoughts?

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 05-05-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: C/R turned into calldown

I don't think your hand is nearly strong enough to wait for the turn. There are multiple turn cards you don't want to see. 3-bet while you have the chance on the flop. Given that you just called on the flop calling down when the Q hits seems like it's probably right. I don't know, I think you still probably have the best hand but check/raising doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Lead the river. You can fold to raise, and any hand that beats you is betting, where as alot of hands you beat are checking behind.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 AM

I 3bet the flop as there are a ton of cards, that will put you in a weird spot on the turn.

If he folds alot on the turn to this line, then 3bet him with hands like JT aswell.

bet-call the river. Any pair call, but he may bluff-raise you as you have played it pretty weakly.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:27 PM

hey trix, like your bet/call suggestion. so the conclusion here is basically this hand is no good to turn c/r. and if i think he's bluffing here i should basically do that turn c/r or flop 3 bet line when i have nothing too.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:18 PM

i dont think a turn CR is any good, if he has better than he he will probably just call you down and you may fold a worse hand, so just call it.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:23 PM

He who slowplay top pair of 9s must not be wuss when overcard comes on turn.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:33 PM

I agree with noodles.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 PM

I dont mind a turn CR really, just prefer to 3bet the flop if I dont have more info on the guy as I dont know if an overcard, a 9, a 6, 7, 8 etc will make him check behind on the turn.
When you go for the CR because you feel that he will still bet alot of hands no matter what hits, then follow through on it, you probably get called down by underpairs still and maybe by A-high.

[ QUOTE ]
and if i think he's bluffing here i should basically do that turn c/r or flop 3 bet line when i have nothing too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he raise the flop light and you can get him to fold often enough, yes. Itīs probably not something you want to do often though.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 PM

It doesn't really matter whether you 3 bet on the flop or call and c/r the turn (btw you need to follow through with this plan when the queen hits).

It is more important to consider what you've been doing recently.

If there has been a time or two recently where the same PF and flop action have occured and you've folded on the turn, then you call and c/r the turn since it's more likely the guy is taking shots at you until he sees you fight back. If you haven't had any situations like this recently then go ahead and 3 bet.