Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 08:44 PM

Default find my leaks....another video

yousendit

i should make a note that chamu and i have history. basically, we think each other are fos. i am on his buddy list and he follows me around which is cool with me.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: find my leaks....another video

comments:

1. I love your seat in the top left. Big fish, HUGE.

2. Nitpicking here, but clean up your HUD. Decimal points to the 100th don't change decisions and only clutter the view.

3. (early) upper left game. 2 limpers and a raise from the SB. You call from BB with 25s. Standard?

4. (9:19) 2 limpers, you raise A3s from the button. Standard? I like a limp here but meh you won a monster when you hit vs. trip 9s. Nh

5.(14:37) bottom right you raise utg ATo, button calls. flop KKJ with 2 hearts. Bet call. Turn is 5c. You bet. What is your plan if raised here? I am assuming you fold to guy who is 73/1/.47? I think I check this as this guy never folds a pair and getting raised is not good with your gutter and 1 overcard. River 6h. Are you check folding? He wins with J3 SOOTED!

6. .[ QUOTE ]
i should make a note that chamu and i have history.

[/ QUOTE ]

(15:52) you raise utg with A6s, btn 3 bets. flop 25j with 2 of yours. you check call. turn 5, you check call. river 4. you check call? What are you beating here on the river? This guy is pretty LAGGY but I think you can fold this.

7. vs same villian as 6 (19:16) Jeez, I dunno. 88KAJ is a pretty awful board for a call down with TT in a capped pot with him limp RR PF but whatever I am sure this is a metagame thing. Maybe that's why he follows you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Overall pretty fricken solid. I think it is interesting that it seemed that you were catching pretty good cards and spiking TPTK with several of your raises. You also won a big pot with A3s and still ended up taking a small loss.

I think if a bigger donk (like me) makes a video there will be a whole lot more to talk about.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:04 AM

thanks for watching and commenting.

[ QUOTE ]

1. I love your seat in the top left. Big fish, HUGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i love that guy too bad he hit the runner runner str on me. waaa. interestingly he was playing somewhat passive. sometimes he goes into maniac (and maniac is understatement) mode which is tons of fun.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Nitpicking here, but clean up your HUD. Decimal points to the 100th don't change decisions and only clutter the view

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually appreciate this advice a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
4. (9:19) 2 limpers, you raise A3s from the button. Standard? I like a limp here but meh you won a monster when you hit vs. trip 9s. Nh

[/ QUOTE ]

i mix it up but for the most part raising is fun.

[ QUOTE ]
5.(14:37) bottom right you raise utg ATo, button calls. flop KKJ with 2 hearts. Bet call. Turn is 5c. You bet. What is your plan if raised here? I am assuming you fold to guy who is 73/1/.47? I think I check this as this guy never folds a pair and getting raised is not good with your gutter and 1 overcard. River 6h. Are you check folding? He wins with J3 SOOTED!

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured he could have a ton of draws worse than ace high so i bet it. i was, of course folding to any aggression. yes, i was checkfolding here also on the riv.

[ QUOTE ]
15:52) you raise utg with A6s, btn 3 bets. flop 25j with 2 of yours. you check call. turn 5, you check call. river 4. you check call? What are you beating here on the river? This guy is pretty LAGGY but I think you can fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

the first time i played with this dude was 2 days ago 3handed and i had a sick run of starting cards from the sb against his bb. he got pissed and started 3betting and betting all the way down with everything and yelling at me in the chat that his blinds arent for sale...blah blah blah. he also said he was gonna follow me around, which he has every night, and take all my cash. isnt it great when the fools come to you.

anyway this ace high is an easy calldown imo. you gotta have seen some of his hands against me. he was capping draws on the turn and flop like gutshots and 3betting pf with anything above 87. it seems he has toned down some but i really expected to get shown q9 here and you all would say im a genious.

[ QUOTE ]
7. vs same villian as 6 (19:16) Jeez, I dunno. 88KAJ is a pretty awful board for a call down with TT in a capped pot with him limp RR PF but whatever I am sure this is a metagame thing. Maybe that's why he follows you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct on this one. i knew it right away too. gotta fold that riv. oh well. that was my worst hand of the night.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:17 AM

1. you have J9o in the BB. bad SB open limps. you check.

I raise.

2. You have AQo UTG. you raise, claled by SB. Flop A76r, SB bets, you raise.

I call, raising most turns.

3. You have Q9o Button. You open raise. TAG 3bets in BB. Flop QJ5 two spades. He bets. You raise.

I call raising most turns.

4. You have AdQd UTG. LAG 3bets UTG+1. Bad bad Button cold calls. You call.

I cap and lead.

5.40/15 limps UTG 5 handed. SB completes. You have QJo in the BB. You raise.

I just check, but I raise with KJo I think. Guess this one is close.

6. Same hand. Flop T82 with 2 diamonds. SB bets. You call. Turn Ac. SB bets. You call.

I think you can sometimes raise the flop here with a gutshot and 2 overs. Also consider raising the turn.

7. You have 78s in SB. UTG raises. Two cold callers. BB is 40/20 or so. You fold.

I call

8. You have 53s BB. UTG+1 limps. Flop KQx. You bet.

I check/fold. Too much broadway. If the board was Kxx, Qxx, Axx etc I bet.

9. You have J8s in the CO. Unknown limps MP. You fold.

I think raising and limping are better than folding.

10. You have Ah3h button. 2 limpers, you raise, BB calls, 2 limpers call. Flop T99 two hearts, SB bets, two callers, you raise, SB 3bets, two callers, you call.

Just cap it up. An argument can be made for getting bet into when you hit, but this guy is passive as it is and theres no way hes betting a 3flush board when a heart hits with 9 million people seeing the turn.

11. You have A7s UTG 5 handed. You raise, 3 ppl call. Flop KT9 two hearts. You bet.

Check/fold.

12. You defend Q8o in the BB 5 way against a raise. I just fold here. Q9o I'd probably call though, QTo I definitely call.

That's pretty much it. I think when the J hits on the river you can just fold even to chamu. I dunno
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. you have J9o in the BB. bad SB open limps. you check.

I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on my mood. i usually start out a session a bit passive until i naturally go on tilt.

[ QUOTE ]
3. You have Q9o Button. You open raise. TAG 3bets in BB. Flop QJ5 two spades. He bets. You raise.

I call raising most turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured he would call me down with ahigh or any pair. ppl never fold to me. i guess he got away from 66 or something. i was very surprised he folded.

when you raise the turn, how are you handling a 3bet? seems like on the turn he is folding almost everything and i risk a 3bet from his good hands. i think i would rather just call the turn if i call the flop. but, raising that flop should not look to strong to him so i figure he most would call down with a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
7. You have 78s in SB. UTG raises. Two cold callers. BB is 40/20 or so. You fold.

I call

[/ QUOTE ]

5.66:1. poor implied due to paying 1.5 bets. oop. meh. i did strongly consider it at the time.

[ QUOTE ]
10. You have Ah3h button. 2 limpers, you raise, BB calls, 2 limpers call. Flop T99 two hearts, SB bets, two callers, you raise, SB 3bets, two callers, you call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. pretty sure someone has a 9 here so i got 8 outs getting 3:1 on a 2:1 shot by the riv to hit my good flush. but that guy has outs to a 10 as well. some computer should give us the answer.

[ QUOTE ]
11. You have A7s UTG 5 handed. You raise, 3 ppl call. Flop KT9 two hearts. You bet.

Check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much it. I think when the J hits on the river you can just fold even to chamu. I dunno

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i felt like a total chump on that one.

thanks a lot for watching. one question: do you think any of these plays are huge errors? or, do you think the aggregate of them is costing a lot of money? or do these look marginal?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think any of these plays are huge errors? or, do you think the aggregate of them is costing a lot of money? or do these look marginal?

[/ QUOTE ]

they all look pretty marginal. waiting for the turn HU is usually better IMO, especially with position.

the only really egregious one was the A7s bet into 4 players, which has an EV of -0.5BB.

very solid overall imo
Old 10-28-2005, 01:49 AM

baron plays good.

-Mike
Old 10-28-2005, 04:07 AM

Wow, baron got here and shazamed this thread up before i could. I made some notes while watching and he pretty much hit everything I marked.

I disagree with his Q9o assesment on waiting till turn...and even that is not a huge thing imo...my preference is for a flop raise there.

Anyway also close on the A7 numbers to...-.9 to -.8 of an sb is what that play cost so just under -.5bbs (this is without Pstove and off the top...but Im pretty sure if u run a sim giving each player top 40 percent of hands and take out AK, AA-JJ that u would get -.85sb as your cost.)
Old 10-28-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway also close on the A7 numbers to...-.9 to -.8 of an sb is what that play cost so just under -.5bbs (this is without Pstove and off the top...but Im pretty sure if u run a sim giving each player top 40 percent of hands and take out AK, AA-JJ that u would get -.85sb as your cost.)

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the bigger question is a) how often do you hit your 3 outer and win, b) how often do you take then pot down unimproved, c) how often do you hit your 3 outer and pay off a better hand (str8, 2pr, flush, etc).

I think the answers are a) lets say you hit on teh turn 6%, you will win 3% IMO. b) 0%. c). about 3%.

i think the bet is very very small EV above -.5 BB. like -.49 BB. it's not just about hand ranges so much as that your hand sucks in the field.