Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Default 30/60 purebluff JTs vs ihardlyknowher (2+2er) (xposted)

Button here is "ihardlyknowher" a 2+2er. We know eachother MP2 is kind of a tard but will probably fold without an ace. What do you guys think?

This is 7 handed so I decided to post it here too.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero immediately bets</font>...
Old 11-10-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: 30/60 purebluff JTs vs ihardlyknowher (2+2er) (xposted)

I won't sign up for the fanclub. MP2 will have the ace a portion of the time, and then, when he doesn't, you need button to laydown in addition to that (MP2 might actually help to legitimize the bet for a good player on the button, since it's harder to bluff through two opponents). Personally, I know the first thing I think of when an A comes down on the turn against a thinking PFR is "how likely is he to bluff at that?". So it may come down to how you think you're percieved. Are you check-folding the river if called?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't sign up for the fanclub. It's kind of borderline with MP2 in there, just because he will have the ace a portion of the time. Then you need button to laydown in addition to that (MP2 might actually help to legitimize the bet a bit more for a good player, since it's harder to bluff through two opponents). Are you check-folding the river if called?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably clarify on MP2. his holdings are really a ton of suited cards. He was very very loose preflop.

Also, I SHOULD checkfold the river unimproved, I think.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:05 PM

I like it. His preflop CC is usually a PP, so he will raise you on any ragged flop when you autobet. He knows that Ax is your most likely holding when you don't 3-bet this flop and he knows that you fear the Ace getting checked through, so your turn lead looks legitimate. It's a perfect bluffing recipe. Even when it fails you generally have 6 outs. If you are raised it's an easy muck, but possible future weapon when you flop a set or something.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I SHOULD checkfold the river unimproved, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the passive line and decided to ask rather than tell. Check-fold's correct, yes.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 PM

If he knows you, doesn't he know your UTG opening range is fairly wide?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:24 PM

preflop is whatever (and Im pretty crazy pf...but I can see it flying in good situations...6max I raise/fold this UTG) and turn is about the only way to win UI. I like postflop.