Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Not too believable?

4 handed 80-160 at bay 101.

we've been going at it for a couple of hours. small blind is a decent playing aggro internet young'n. button is a 30-something strange player who is sometimes way too weak and othertimes way overplays hands. i am running/playing well, though getting some lucky flops.

i open UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button coldcalls. SB calls. Prop player in the BB folds.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check. I bet. Call. Call.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check.check.check.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

sb bets. i raise.

okay?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Not too believable?

I follow through with a bet on the turn, otherwise A-OK! CDC. Most likely it was split 2 ways.

Lawrence
Old 09-28-2005, 12:49 AM

I doubt he ever folds since I think you check that turn through with an overpair exactly never.

What are you going to do if he 3-bets?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he ever folds since I think you check that turn through with an overpair exactly never.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who is "he"? We have two opponents on the river. You really think that the button is calling two cold?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who is "he"? We have two opponents on the river. You really think that the button is calling two cold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. For some reason I thought it was just the two of us. My bad.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:52 AM

There's no way you check any reasonable hand on the turn, if the button is smart, he'll 3bet. Maybe i'm missing something, but this seems hopeless.

lf
Old 09-28-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way you check any reasonable hand on the turn, if the button is smart, he'll 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily he isn't. I like the raise. Though I think I'd just follow through on the turn.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:02 AM

believable? no... but so what? everyone is clearly playing the board and i assume this isnt a raked game, so try to get the donkey out.
if the other guy threebets, he has 5555... pay it off.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM

I'd raise you with my killer reads and my pocket sixes.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Default hold on here

ok i have some things to say because i really dont like the responses im reading. too many posts where people clearly arent thinking past point a.

this hand is expertly played.

preflop is standard/great. 4 handed utg this is a strong hand.

flop is good/normal follow through on brick board. please note that sb declines his option to checkraise both players here. thus he does not have an 8. button also flat calls. button smells like an A possibly given his random tendencies. sb or button could possibly hold a 5.

which brings us to the turn. checking is correct here! one of these guys probably has at least a weak A so why feed them. button plays weird so he may foolishly check an A here and if sb forgot to bet his then take the free card! betting here is a significant mistake.

the river. having narrowed down his opponent's hands hero sees that this pot is his, it's just a question now of how much of the pot does he want. sb smartly bets into him basically saying out loud "hey of the four of us here, button kinda sucks. why dont you raise so we can chop up his money?" the value play is to raise here and go ahead and pay off sb if he 3 bets. this one's not close, but it is nuanced and requires reading hands and thinking a little past "gee this seems like a hopeless waste of chips, no one is ever folding." button is so folding here enough to make it right.

sheesh.