Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM

Default \"Deposit/Re-load Bonuses\" Vs. \"Rakeback\"

I have very limited experience with RakeBAck and am not sure how good it is compared to
a Re-load bonus...I know the answer is "it depends," but
would it
be a better idea to:
1. get 30% Rakeback for a site and just stay and multi-table there at, say $2/4 limit...
OR
2. get a Re-load bonus at one site, multi-table $2/4 to clear it, then get a re-load bonus at another site, clear it, etc.

Which is better? Bonus whoring or being loyal to one site while getting Rakeback???
Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: \"Deposit/Re-load Bonuses\" Vs. \"Rakeback\"

For me the bonus is better than any RB, for the time that no "prefered side have a Bonus " i play on my rakebackside. For 1000 hands 0,5/1 you get around 10$ Rakeback.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:38 PM

I'm confused by the OP. Why don't you just get RB at a site as well as take advantage of their reload bonuses? No reason to not do both (in some cases, the bonus will affect RB, but not in anyway that will hurt you).
Old 11-07-2005, 06:39 PM

you generally need to play $5/10 limits or higher for rakeback to be worth more than all the 10x bonuses out there on a per-hand basis (assuming bonuses deduct from MGR).

the other reason you might prefer rakeback is if you play so many hands per month that you would exhaust all the reloads available and then some, and would prefer just staying on one site for about the same amount of money.

even so, 10c bonus at $2/4 is worth at least double of what straight rakeback would be.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:47 PM

I think the answer depends on your limits. From what I can tell, the 5/10 players prefer RB. We 2/4 players can do better with various bonuses plus some rakeback. But take RB when you can get it without impacting bonuses, PokerPlex and Absolute being the most obvious examples. And save a few sites with good RB in case you ever do get to the levels where it's worthwhile.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:49 PM

RakeBack is a funny animal in that in order to "get it" you have to open up a brand new account at a site...
I already have accounts at most sites and can't get rakeback at them, so I have
been getting offers to "re-load" my accounts and just clearing those bonuses...

you are telling me to get rakeback at a site AND do the re-load bonuses???
What sites would you suggest I do this at??? I know InterPoker gives you that $90 Bonus every month AND RakeBack, so that's 1 good deal...know any others???

Thx., BadB
Old 11-07-2005, 06:52 PM

what do you mean by 10x or 10c bonus???

And thank you, I did suspect that for a 2/4 player that the deposit bonus is worth more than Rakeback...It
seems like
if you are going to be heavy/high volume player playing at 5/10 and above, Rakeback is the way to go...but what sites (other than Party) actually
spread lots of mid to high stakes games...I don't know of any...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:00 PM

You can get both at Absolute
Old 11-07-2005, 07:30 PM

I don't understand the need to pick one or the other? If you can, sign up for rakeback.

After you have signed up for rakeback, take advantage of redeposit bonuses. Then you make the most.

Your question "which is better - multitable at same site with 30%RB or collect many bonuses" can really only be answered by you. Do the math.

for $/hand :
bonus = bonus / # hands to clear
rb = (avg rake / #players) * RB %

then figure out how much you would play. For me, it was better to 3 table 3/6 at a Party skin with 25% RB.

Since the split I've worked on Absolute and UB reloads (though I do have RB at both which is nice).

Also, if you are playing 6max or full table makes a difference. for RB, you (obviously) get more RB at 6-max than at full tables, but bonus clear at same/hand (you get more hands in as well so bonuses clear faster on a time basis, but more hands so RB is also bigger on a time basis).

FishNChips
Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM

I already have an account at Absolute (w/out Rakeback) and I already have an account at UB (also w/out rakeback)...
so am I out of luck???