Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 05:43 AM

Default I dont feel my callstation self here

Reads: Table is loose and unspectacular as usual. No specific reads.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds
Old 10-26-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: I dont feel my callstation self here

i play the same
Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 AM

Clear fold IMO, especially because of MP's call. The raiser is stronger than you 95% of the time and you are drawing too thin.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clear fold IMO, especially because of MP's call. The raiser is stronger than you 95% of the time and you are drawing too thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

and now that we have the obvious out of the way.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM

This looks like a good spot to check the turn and see what develops to me.

After two cal the ace high flop and the flush draw comes in you look to be in really rough shape with your nines.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nd now that we have the obvious out of the way....

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh, what an honor to have sublime making quality contributions to the forum again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 03:53 PM

Isn't checking the turn a little dangerous? If im ahead, a lot of things can beat me, so a free card will certainly be bad. If im behind, I dont really have any chance to catch up, so calling the turn doesnt make much sense.

If there wasnt a caller between me and the raiser, would it still be a fold? Im not to sure here, but I'd reluctantly fold I think.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:04 PM

This is a good spot to check-fold the turn.

I generally check-fold the turn on an Ace hi flop when I'm coldcalled by 2 opponents preflop and then again called by 2 opponents on the flop. When the flush draw hits on the turn it's time to chuck it.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:41 PM

Betting is more dangerous. It's very unlikely you're ahead. What's your plan for the river if you just get called in two spots and a diamond doesn't fold? You can't lead again. Check-call? Check-fold? I think check-folding the turn is a much better alternative than any of those.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:04 PM

I like it, but I think a turn check fold is better than a bet-fold. I'm basing that mainly on the board texture and number of opponents.

Someone must have called your flop bet with something other than a pair draw. 5d is a horrible turn card that makes pushing 9's here way too risky. As others have said... you're setting yourself up for some uncomfortable river scenarios even when you don't get pushed off of your hand on the turn.

On another note I want to throw something out there regarding the flop bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...

How bad do you think a flop check fold is? I'm not asking because I think it's correct (I typically bet the flop here as well)...but rather...I'm trying to fully understand what general concept or specifics of the hand in question make a flop bet correct? I'm assuming of course that folding to a flop raise in your spot is automatic here.

What change in board texture (if any) starts to sway you towards check fold on the flop, and why?