Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Could I have won less money on this?

First HH, be gentle...

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Don't have many notes on Villian 2, 14 vpip and 1.5 agro, I figure he has a big ace or big pair.

Villian 1 is a calling station, 55 vpip agro around .2, who will call with pretty much anything and take it to river if he has any part of the board.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 (Villian 2)/ 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 (Villian 2)/ calls, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls.

Flop: (14.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian 1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian 2 bets</font>, Villian 1 calls, Hero calls.

This is pretty much my worst nightmare of a board, I have a definate fear of flopped flushes so I go into passive mode. I'm not sure if a check raise here does me any good.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian 1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Villian 2 folds.

I've played enough against Villian 1 that I really hate to fold to him, over almost 200 hands I'm up slightly on him. Again I think I might have missed a raise opportunity but I'm still afraid of the flush... just not enough to fold.

River: (10.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian 1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I should have been more afraid of this river because of the straight possiblity but I think I was mostly glad it wasn't the 4th heart.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

I have a hard time knowing when I'm ahead in hands like this and probably go into c/c mode too much. Any tips?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Could I have won less money on this?

Bet the flop/raise the turn.

You have a good hand, and guys playing 55% of their hands can have a bunch of hands that aren't flopped flushes.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First HH, be gentle...

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Don't have many notes on Villian 2, 14 vpip and 1.5 agro, I figure he has a big ace or big pair.

Villian 1 is a calling station, 55 vpip agro around .2, who will call with pretty much anything and take it to river if he has any part of the board.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 (Villian 2)/ 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 (Villian 2)/ calls, UTG+2 (Villian 1)/ calls.

Flop: (14.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian 1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian 2 bets</font>, Villian 1 calls, Hero calls.

This is pretty much my worst nightmare of a board, I have a definate fear of flopped flushes so I go into passive mode. I'm not sure if a check raise here does me any good.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian 1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Villian 2 folds.

I've played enough against Villian 1 that I really hate to fold to him, over almost 200 hands I'm up slightly on him. Again I think I might have missed a raise opportunity but I'm still afraid of the flush... just not enough to fold.

River: (10.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian 1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I should have been more afraid of this river because of the straight possiblity but I think I was mostly glad it wasn't the 4th heart.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

I have a hard time knowing when I'm ahead in hands like this and probably go into c/c mode too much. Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't lead the flop, you have to check-raise and regain control of the hand. You were the PFR, you're not gonna let a few hearts scare you into checking that flop are you? If you c/r the flop and get 3-bet, fold it, otherwise I'd keep leading away. The 9 on the river is then probably a check/call if you take that line. I've been out of it for a few days cuz of Thanksgiving so I might be all screwed up in my thinking of this play so take it with a grain of salt.

Either way, you can't just check/call this down. Aggression aggression aggression!

Steve
Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Yea, my aggression is a paltry 1.22 up from about a .9 10k hands ago when I realized I needed to get it up higher. I might have still been in shock from getting aggressive with JJ and getting my tuckas handed to me by a set.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I have won less money on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you could open fold somewhere.

Seriously, bet the flop and slow down on the turn if people start getting nutty.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could I have won less money on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you could open fold somewhere.

Seriously, bet the flop and slow down on the turn if people start getting nutty.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my line aswell.

How do you guys like this line?
Bet the flop, call a raise.
Check/Call turn
If no heart comes on river, try to cap it.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:14 PM

I like it. This is my standard line on such a coordinated board. Since you don't have the king of hearts this is a type of hand I like to lose the least on. If I have the king of hearts I pump it and try to win the most.

Remember bets saved spend the same as bets won.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:32 PM

So you're okay with the flop and/or turn being checked around?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:41 PM

What if you get 3-bet on the flop by the guy who opens? You are kind of in the same spot, either he has the flush or he reads 2+2 and is aggressive.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you get 3-bet on the flop by the guy who opens? You are kind of in the same spot, either he has the flush or he reads 2+2 and is aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a set of Queens.

I lead this flop and see where it goes from there.