Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Teh Yankees and Sox/Schilling\'s first start

Jared Wright vs Curt Schilling

So far Jared Wright has been meh, 4 IP 6ER, and didn't look that great his first time up. I think he'll be pretty weak against the Sox and might get seriously messed up. If the Yankees want to win tonight, Wright doesn't have to be amazing but he has to keep it to 3 or 4 runs in 6. If he goes down early we lose. Our middle relief is obviously also important.

I think Schilling will be pretty bad. He really did not look good in his AAA start. So in pitching I think both teams are pretty shaky today. I think Schilling be pretty bad for a month or two, but I don't rule out him coming back and being the good Curt Schilling down the stretch and in the postseason. But right now I think he will not do well.

This one will be a slugfest.

The Yankees defense if terrible right now, I hope Tino starts at 1st because Giambi is not hitting or fielding. Ruben Sierra should be DHing. Torre is going to have to come up with an answer to the Arod at 3rd question sometime soon.

Overall both teams are playing pretty bad and have a lot of questions to answer.

The Yankees have been really disappointing, we missed a chance to sweep the Sox early at home and then [censored] up bad against Baltimore. But I still think we are going to have a hard time not winning the division, let alone getting the WC, and this game is about how you end. I'm done rambling.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Teh Yankees and Sox/Schilling\'s first start

I'm just waiting for Dead to chime in and say "I think Wright will put up a Cy Young worth performance, and the Yankees will score 15 runs. In the first inning."
Old 04-13-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just waiting for Dead to chime in and say "I think Wright will put up a Cy Young worth performance, and the Yankees will score 15 runs. In the first inning."

[/ QUOTE ]
that would be one hell of a hunch
Old 04-13-2005, 04:10 PM

i will be there, my first game of the season.

dont look to much into schillings start at AAA, major leagures use rehab starts to 'test' whatever ailment they are recovering from and to spot thier pitches. rust will be more of a factor than anything else.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Schilling will be pretty bad. He really did not look good in his AAA start.

[/ QUOTE ]
schilling is very rarely "bad," you can't judge anything from a AAA starts b/c there are way to many factors that go into it. Most rehab starts (his was AAA) are for working on different pitches and doing different things with manipulating the count, for instance i saw lieber make a rookie ball rehab start and threw only change-ups one inning b/c he wanted to have a good feal for it when it counted. i also saw him give knocked around the park in a rookie ball game and that was against 18 yr olds not 25 yr old veterans.

i am rooting for the yanks but i have my money on a quality start from schilling, he may not win but he won't dissappoint.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:13 PM

haha damn you sublime you beat me to it!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 PM

I'll be there too. Schilling wasn't even trying in his AAA start. I expect him to come out firing and pitch a gem, as usual.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Voltron, I'm a huge Yankees fan. Do we really need a new thread for every game? Or is this just a Yankees Red Sox thing?

FWIW Yanks will lose to Schilling. Wright's mediocre, Yanks should have picked up the option on Lieber.

2+2 Needs a SPORT FORUM.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:24 PM

I know how AAA starts work, I'm not saying "Oh well if AAA scored 7 runs against him the Yankees should be able to put up 5" but watching that start he did not look good. But yeah mostly it's rust, that's why I think even if the Yankees beat him up today and he only goes 3 innings I'm not going to be counting him out of the Sox's postseason rotation.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:29 PM

I def. agree about Wright and Lieber. I guess they wanted to pick up someone younger than 35... put that's trying pretty hard to put a good spin on it.

I guessed if people wanted to post about it they would, and it would be in this one thread, but if they didn't it would sink and no harm done... kind of a natural selection approach to starting threads.