Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Listen to Air America Radio

Seriously, if you're a liberal and haven't listened to AAR, you're missing out on the most intelligent political talk shows and funniest political satire available. Everyone I know that listens to it does so religiously. It has quality programming and it rides the spectrum from ultraliberal (Mike Malloy, kind of a Bill O'Reilly type personality) to more centrist liberal thought (Jerry Springer, seriously the most polite liberal you will ever find, just listen to his calls from those on the right). If you're looking more for humor, listen to Morning Sedition. The Al Franken show is also hilarious, but the majority of the show is quality political analysis from experts as well as Franken (who's running for the US Senate in 2008).

Whatever you do, don't listen to the right, who's been saying the station is going out of business for the past year and a half. It's grown a lot, considering the serious mismanagement at the beginning. The stations doing fine, and continues to grow.

For you on the right, there are shows with unscreened calls (won't find much of that on Limbaugh, Hannity and (I think) O'Reilly)), so you can get your freak on with the hosts, if you so desire.

Some shows are basically the left's version of what's on the right radio shows, so if you happen to tune into one don't let that dissapoint you. Most are quality.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Listen to Air America Radio

As I wrote in another thread, I listen to it (as well as conservative talk radio). I enjoy it.

-ptmusic
Old 10-06-2005, 06:45 PM

Sorry, I just don't think Air America has the star power to compete with conservative radio at this point. Franken is often a hoot is his books and appearences though, so maybe I would give his radio show a shot.

But for now I think I will stick to the Daily Show with John Stewart for my left-leaning humor fix. Stewart is less partisan than Franken and also funnier. Lucky for me, I'm going to see him in foxwoods this month as well.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:45 PM

I have switched over to it a couple of times when other stations are on a commercial, but I generally avoid it. Randi Rhodes nearly as incoherent and partisan as any conservative radio talking head, with a godawful speaking voice and accent to boot.

If the Al Franken show was on during drive time, I would listen more often. He cracks me up.