Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Strategy to improve in MTTs

Hi all.

I've played 50 MTTs over the last 4 months and have come out ahead (mainly due to a win in the 800 player $16 + $1.50 at Pacific Poker). I have only made 5 final tables (in tournaments mostly with 100 to 200 players) and find myself playing at different sites all the time.

I make money consistently playing NL cash games but want a break from them to concentrate on MTTs. Can someone who plays a lot of MTTs please suggest a bankroll strategy that might be appropraite to use with my limited level of experience?

Should I say play $10 + $1 MTTs until I come out $x ahead and then move to $20 + $2? Or am I better off starting with $50 + $5 MTTs?

I have 700 hours play at No Limit cash games this year (about 200 hours of which was 2-tabling) and am confident in my game. Presumably from my lack of final tables in MTTs I might need to adjust my game somewhat, but am reading every post I can find here to improve my game.

Many thanks to all who take the time to read this and all advice is greatly appreciated.