Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Underage Dilemma

I have been playing on party since July. When I created my account, I filled in all the blanks with correct info except that I listed myself as 18 instead of 17, my age at the time. I made my initial deposit with western union so it worked out fine.

I played all summer and until now. A few cashouts were made by way of mailed checks and I cashed them all without qualms at my bank. I signed on party with my real name for this reason.

The problem is now I am 18. I want to sign up for neteller because the mailed checks take so unbelievably long; even the express delivery takes 3-4 days.

If i sign up for neteller, im sure they do so sort of cross-referencing when repeated deposits/withdrawals are made. The signup process for neteller is pretty secure and i do not intend to mess with that. But now i don't know what to do regarding my party account. I do not want my account seized in the event that they figure out i was underage when i signed up.

Is closing my party account and opening a new one in 1-2 months a viable solution? Will they still have records of my current account? I dont want to sign up again and they see the same name, address, etc. but with a different birthdate. I don't want to keep getting checks in the mail.

Whats the best approach?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Underage Dilemma

I doubt Neteller and Party exchange date of birth information. But that is just a guess.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt Neteller and Party exchange date of birth information. But that is just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Don't worry so much.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:33 PM

i currently have 2300 in my account, so i just don't want my account frozen. i dont want to be one the phone with a rep: "uh yes sir. im sorry i committed fraud, but you have to understand. im 18 now ..."

hopefully, this worrying is for nothing.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Open an account at another party skin, and make sure to get rakeback.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:13 PM

don't the databases converge from the multiple skins? i know one can open up multiple account over the party skins. nonetheless, they will freeze your accounts but all you have to do is give them some random bogus reason and you're in the clear. this does not solve my problem of 'correct age' convergence with neteller (if they even check). overall, i just want some security of mind. i have a reasonable sum of money in my account and plan to move to 5/10 within a few months. i just don't want to jeopardize anything for the future.

but i want this to be legit, with my correct info. is there no chance?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Old 03-16-2005, 09:28 PM

I'm kind of at the same point that you are at with this whole underage thing. I currently don't play anymore due to a number of reasons (still 17 just to name one), but I wouldn't trip to hard about it. I have posted several long threads about my age and the situation I am in and why I decided to quit and there are several threads with my screen name. It has now been about 1.5 months since I let this information out and I can still log into my account. Party is not known for exactly being on top of the ball on everything. When I come back to play during the summer I will most likely create a new account with rakeback and go from there. I will probably end up 8 tabling over the summer so when that time comes I will use my old account. I will just keep a small amount of money in there.

Either create a new account if you are this paranoid, or don't sweat it and keep playing. I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:58 PM

take all the money out, then e-mail them and ask them to correct your d.o.b.

once they've done this, e-mail them again and ask if everything is in order for you to play at their site again

in fact, they are very reasonable with many out of the ordinary matters if you ask them for their assistance
Old 03-17-2005, 12:24 AM

I would just open a neteller account with a different email to your party account, then an account at Empire to match the neteller email and play from there. Rakeback sounds like a handy thing also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]