Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Wynn 15/30 AA

UTG+1 here is weak-tight. He criticized me a couple of hours before this hand for 3-betting QQ out of the SB. He said he put me on KK/AA. I apologized and said I would keep that in mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Button here is very LAGgy.

Preflop: I am SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP cold calls, <font color="#cc3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I 4-bet</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, <font color="#cc3333">Button caps</font>, we all call.

Flop: (20.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
I check, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc3333">I raise</font>, they all call.

Turn: (14.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#cc3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, I fold.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Wynn 15/30 AA

Jason,

Against a weak-tighty I can't possibly imagine him leading the flop into that many players in a capped pot and then pulling the delayed turn raise here with a hand that is not beating one pair.

Since two pair is basically not an option you are drawing to two outs to beat a set or dead to a big flush.

I think pre-flop is painfully standard. (Edit: flop is not standard.)

In a big pot I like the flop check-raise, with the hope of isolating the lag. My fear in big pots like this is players taking of cards with pairs and overcards and picking up back-door flush draws and such.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Wynn 15/30 AA

I think you should bet the flop.

The turn fold is obviously very read based and seems like it's probably a good play against that opponent given that there's no realistic two pair hands he can have.