Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Story from my friends in Iraq

I have numerous friends and family in the military. The word I get from all of them is that the Iraqi civilians are sick of the foreign insurgents.

I've heard many stories about civilians bum-rushing foreign insurgents who were setting up I.E.D.'s (road bombs). One of the better stories involved unarmed Iraqi's tackling several armed insurgents. The civilians hog tied them and called the new Iraqi security force to pick them up. Apparently almost the whole town was gathered around the insurgents yelling at them and cheered when they got hauled away.

I don't know if any of this has been reported on the news, but I haven't really seen it. I've heard numerous stories like this from friends/family in the military so I thought I should share it with you.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Story from my friends in Iraq

And how is that they get the word from the Iraqi people? A friendly chat at the local Bagdad Cafe?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:16 AM

you dont think american soldiers interact with the local people?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And how is that they get the word from the Iraqi people? A friendly chat at the local Bagdad Cafe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use your brain and try to think about it. And no, my info isn't some coffee shop rumor.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be specific, the story I told I got from my brother who is an officer. He wasn't there, but his info is about as good as it gets without seeing it first hand.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be honest, I'll be afraid to interact with people that shoot first and ask later every time they feel frightened. And even if I do interact; it's really hard to imagine myself saying to the brave American soldier with the big gun something like
"You know what my friend, the US ocupation sucks, why do you all get the f out of here".
Old 03-06-2005, 10:17 AM

"The word I get from all of them is that the Iraqi civilians are sick of the foreign insurgents."

and American troops in Iraq would be ...
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The word I get from all of them is that the Iraqi civilians are sick of the foreign insurgents."

and American troops in Iraq would be ...
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually how I first interpreted it too, lol. I'm sure most Iraqis understand why we are there, but are just frustrated by the whole situation and the [censored] rolls fastest down the biggest hill.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:17 PM

so let me get this straight....

some guy is telling me his brother heard a story about this happening but that guy didn't see it either and that justifies 1500 US dead in a phony war?

Thank god you don't have to prove it in a court of law. Hearsay thru two witnesses....whew.

Why is it if (or should I say when) I lie to congress, I can be charged with Treason, but when daddy's little cocaine snorter does it, he gets re-elected....<sigh>

Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so let me get this straight....

some guy is telling me his brother heard a story about this happening but that guy didn't see it either and that justifies 1500 US dead in a phony war?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I thought it was a nice story. I have many marine friends and my own brother is an officer. I would think I have some credibility on this forum, I sure as hell know I trust my brother. So I thought I would share it with you. I wasn't using it to justify anything. If that makes me a tool, I guess that means I am a tool.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it if (or should I say when) I lie to congress, I can be charged with Treason, but when daddy's little cocaine snorter does it, he gets re-elected....<sigh>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush never lied about cocaine. He hasn't denied anything, not even heroine, lsd, crack, or snorting paint chips.

Edit: I just realized the style of my post does sound kind of gay, 1 more reason to stop drunk posting. But it is what my brother told me.