Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 04:48 AM

Default On a draw by accident

Hi all

Thanks for a great site for enthusiasts. Informative and important posts. ive been playing dealer choice poker- mostly hilo- in home games for 30 yrs. 30 days or so i signed on to partyp. found i needed some books and got DS HP & HPFAP. found out i had not been playing poker at all. got the bug - a lucky finish has staked me for awhile. making lots of mistakes - many weaknesses - among them how to handle playing with weak cards. I keep getting run over by 5-6BB with j9s or k9o - playing too tight. compensating probably - any way please give me your thoughts about this call i made. after dropping several playable hands to ridiculous bets

Seat 6 is the button
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 5d Js ]
folds.
folds.
folds.
calls [150].
calls [150].
calls [150].
folds.
calls [75].
Hero checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 9s, 8s ]
checks.
checks.
checks.
is all-In.
calls [905].
folds.
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Hero is all-In.
folds.
folds.

was this reckless? my thinking other than frustrated was that I had what 17 outs minimum. twice.

I could not figure out how to get to the hand converter while composing

Thanks again for a very informative site.

geoff
Old 09-22-2004, 05:06 AM

Default Re: On a draw by accident

welcome to the boards

first up this is the single table tournament forum so i'm going to assume this hand is from such a game - if not find the right forum

you have a peice of crap on this flop - "outs" come 2 ways - dirty ones and clean ones - all the cards that give you a flush are not good for you - i think it is very likely you will get beaten by a bigger flush (of-course that bigger flush may already exist but if it doesnt crap players love to push with a big spade on this flop) - so your flush outs are more than just dirty they are plain filthy - all the cards that give you a straight dont give you the best hand and when you do happen to have the best hand someone else is a reasonable shot to split so they are plenty dirty too

you have only 2 clean outs - fold quickly

[ QUOTE ]
how to handle playing with weak cards

[/ QUOTE ]

the obvious answer is dont - playing single table tourneys until it gets 4-5 way dont play them pre or post flop - fold is your big profit margin

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 09-22-2004, 05:12 AM

Default Re: On a draw by accident

unless he has a higher spade, or a made flush already you are probably the favourite. and if he flush isn't made he probably wouldn't call all in on a spade draw anyways. i like this play.