Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Based on my 35% ITM and my dist of 1st-3rds What start do you think best describes how I played?
Super tight early Push once stack is <8xBB 8 19.05%
Tight early wiith aggressive blind steals level 4 8 19.05%
Very tight until stack is <5x BB 4 9.52%
a little too aggressive from the get go 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Your favorite seat?

This poll serves no purpose other than to satisfy a curiousity of mine. I'm well aware that there is no correlation between your seat and you starting hands. Lets just say it's a single table tourney so there's a way to choose your seat based on player styles. On sites like party (and skins) and Paradise, PokerStars, etc you can choose any seat if all are available. Do you have one you like to sit in? I multi-table, so I like to pick the same chair on each table if possible. That way I always know where I'm at. I like seat 10 (directly to the dealers right). No real reason. It also happens to be my least favorite seat (along with seat 1) while playing live. I can never see the othe end of the table.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Your favorite seat?

Online, i don't really care where I sit. Live, I absolutely loathe the 1 and 10 seats, and don't like 2 or 9 much better, for the reasons you mentioned. Incidentally, the first live tourney I ever won, I sat in the 10 seat at the final table. I prefer the 7 seat, but I try to avoid being superstitious about things like that, because I'll drive myself nuts.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:20 AM

Any of the corner seats.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:01 AM

For 4-tabling, I rearrange them to get all my seats as close to the center of the screen as possible when I start.

But once I've played on a table for a while, I never move it even if other tables break and the new ones would fit better in an existing spot - it messes up my reads.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For 4-tabling, I rearrange them to get all my seats as close to the center of the screen as possible when I start.

But once I've played on a table for a while, I never move it even if other tables break and the new ones would fit better in an existing spot - it messes up my reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I thought I was the only one that did that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I usually seat myself depending on the location of the big stack / known maniacs rather than seat position in relation to dealer.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:45 AM

i like seat 11.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:39 AM

Rama or Port Perry? Brantford is 10 handed is it not?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:43 AM

I usually pick seat 7 when playing STT b/c it is the closest seat to click on when the table goes up in the top right corner. Gotta make sure I get a seat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Otherwise I could really care less.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online, i don't really care where I sit. Live, I absolutely loathe the 1 and 10 seats,

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur
Old 03-21-2005, 04:46 AM

Online I usually play 4 tables at a time, and I like to have my seat corresponding with the specific corner of the screen that the game window is in. For example I like the 2 seat on the top right screen, the 4 seat on the bottom right, the 7 seat for the bottom left, and the 9 seat for the top left. I do this so that I can see all my cards at the same time while still having a window up in the centre of the screen. I just like to be able to stop reading 2+2 when I notice out the corner of the screen that I have AK on a table, so that I can watch the action proceed a little before I raise.

Live games I like the seats across from the dealer, 4-7. I find this makes it easier to see everything that is going on, read the board, see the players/action, turbo muck my cards, etc.