Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Last hand of the night

This is from our local B&M. $2-5 spread limit holdem with a single blind (normally $2, but villian played it for $3 making the min bet $3 for the hand). It's closing time and they announced this was the last hand of the night - which often turns into a wild LAGfest. It was well past my bedtime and I was pretty tired. I was also on a 30BB+ downswing and having a pretty severe case of MUBS.

$2-5 spread limit, 9 players

Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button looks at his cards and leaves the table [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blind bets $3, 4 callers (all loose passive), hero calls.

FLOP: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $18 or 3.5BB 6 players)

Blind checks, UTG bets $3, 1 caller, Hero calls, Blind raises to $8, UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero calls.

I really liked this flop. I was dreaming of making a big score and getting closer to even. UTG was very loose, and somewhat passive. Her range was pretty wide, but for her to bet here I thought she had to have a K. Blind played too many hands but seemed to be a decent enough player. He did like to CR. I'd seen him CR 2x in the same hand at least twice during the night [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Should I have raised UTG's bet with my double gut shot str8 draw? Was it okay to call the CR here?

TURN: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $45 or 9BB, 3 players)

Blind checks, UTG bets $5, Hero ?

I am worried about another check raise here or is that MUBS?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Last hand of the night

Raise the flop. You have an equity edge. Call the turn well you still have lots of outs