Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Default To those of you getting rakeback at Absolute..

You'll probably be interested in this thread.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: To those of you getting rakeback at Absolute..

My mgr does appear to be lower than I expected from all my play this weekend. Absolute should have said something about this before just doing it.
Bummer, I was starting to think it would be my new home.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the link. That is very interesting reading and I will also follow up to see what Absolute has to say.

However, I think the "divide by 2" idea is probably oversimplified. It defies logic that Absolute would think they could just chop everyone's mgr in half and no one would notice. I imagine there is some sorting principle being used.

But we'll see.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM

thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mgr does appear to be lower than I expected from all my play this weekend. Absolute should have said something about this before just doing it.
Bummer, I was starting to think it would be my new home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. It looks like the 'mgr is computed for contributed hands only' is a good possibility. I was wondering how they were staying afloat giving out so many bonuses that don't count towards MGR.

Anyone care to comment on the game quality compared to Party? AP seems, and I quote, "cuddle bear soft". But I haven't played at the New Party.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 PM

I am pretty new at absolute, (about 2 weeks) so I didn't really have a chance to enjoy my rakeback there.

Personaly I believe this has something to do with their latest software update which left some bugs in bonus calculations and such. This might be another side effect that no one has yet noticed (or wanted to notice).
Old 10-24-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to comment on the game quality compared to Party? AP seems, and I quote, "cuddle bear soft". But I haven't played at the New Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

My win rate at absolute 6max is 9BB/100 hands. At party it's around 6.78 during the same period. I also liked absolute since poker ace got set up for it. That was until I also realised that my rakeback was half what it should be. Add to that the MASSIVE rake I suffered on Sunday, (see the thread I just posted in the rakeback forum) and I'm close to withdrawing my money to find greener pastures.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM

Are you absolutely positive you have patched PT to 2.08.03D? If not you need to go to the PT forum and read the exact directions on how to properly patch PT to accurately record your rake. There was a bug that was reporting inaccurate rake to PT in the hand histories.

Properly patching requires you purge your database and re-import hand histories from Oct. 18th.

EDIT: the link
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM

Depends on what level you play at. I play 2/4 and 3/6 and there are some weak players and there are some good players. Full ring games are usually tight. 6max is loose, but more aggressive. I think the games have gotten a lot worse after the party debacle. A lot more tags, table and seat selection is a must.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 PM

I'm am basing this on how many hands I played this weekend, and the updated mgr my affiliate says I am at. I am positive that it is lower than it should be, not b/c of what poker tracker says, but b/c I have a good idea of what it should be at after I play a certain number of hands. I check it often. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]