Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:12 PM

Default 77 out of position

Bay 101, 80 game. Its 6 or 7 handed at the moment. I have played with the villian in this hand several times over the past few years, including a couple of heads up matches. He is a thinking player who is aggressive, but capable of laying down a hand if he thinks he is beat. One of his weaknesses is that he can be over agressive at times. I am confident that he thinks one of my weaknesses is that I can be over agressive at times.

Pre-flop: Folded to villian in UTG+1 who raises, folded to me in the BB. I call with black sevens.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet, I call.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, bet, I check-raise planning to fold to a 3-bet and check/call most rivers if he calls my raise.

I usually don't take this line. Should I? Did I pick the right opponent? If he calls my checkraise should I be done with the hand?
Old 08-31-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: 77 out of position

checkraising and checkcalling the river here is just a good way to give the opponent some extra money.