Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:05 PM

Default 10/20 Live with 93s

Pretty good live 10/20 game. Only one other player at the table that I would say can beat this game and he isnt in this hand.

3 fairly loose passives limp to the somewhat laggy button who raises. I call in the BB with 9s3s.

Flop comes 663 rainbow. I check with the intention of raising a button bet and folding to a bet from anyone else. Good?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Live with 93s

id fold preflop but your postflop plan is good.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:47 PM

I'd fold PF also. I'd call with hands better than 1 or 2-gapped suited connectors only here because you're out of position and can't pull a free card play on the flop where you can use it to improve your hand cheaply.

I'm not so sure I like post flop plan. You'll be investing lots of chips with bottom pair no kicker against players who love to call 2-cold with any overcards or pocket pairs all the way to the river in the large pot you're going to build on the flop. Plus you could get your pair counterfitted anyway.

I'd be surprised if you pot equity is over 50% here based on their range of holdings and the huge number of outs they must hold against you even if you are ahead. I guess it's hands like this that are the reason for folding this hand PF.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty good live 10/20 game. Only one other player at the table that I would say can beat this game and he isnt in this hand.

3 fairly loose passives limp to the somewhat laggy button who raises. I call in the BB with 9s3s.

Flop comes 663 rainbow. I check with the intention of raising a button bet and folding to a bet from anyone else. Good?

[/ QUOTE ]

SWEET!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Looks good to me.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id fold preflop but your postflop plan is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play suited cards from the BB in a 4 way pot nearly every time. The only time I wouldn't is with a hand like this, where you have like no high card power or suitedness at all. But in a 5 handed pot, avec muchos fisharoonis, I think this is an easy call getting 10-1.