Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Okay, so I learned what it feels like to be a noob today...

I've found that asking questions about blackjack math at bonuswhores to be a very frustrating experience.

There's no faq at the top of the forums that addresses any of my questions, and the search that I used didn't return any results.

To top it off, the three responses I've gotten have been flames. (Because they're sick of newb questions, but no one's made a faq... duh).

I've never thought that I would ever consider 2+2 to be such a compassionate place (Micro's aren't too bad, but many of our other forums are a little more rough)...

So... basically the only noob posts that have bothered me in the past here are bad beat and downswing posts... but we should probably make Mondays an honourary "by nice to the noob" days. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Okay, so I learned what it feels like to be a noob today...

I'd like to make a downswing post. How the [censored] am I losing at .25/.50? I mean seriously, this is unbelievable. Thanks, I feel better.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to make a downswing post. How the [censored] am I losing at .25/.50? I mean seriously, this is unbelievable. Thanks, I feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't consider myself a "noob" but since i'll dub this "BAD BEAT MONDAY" i'll join you in "how many 2 outers and runner runner straights are going to suckout on my trips before I get back in the green!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]!!!"

-1.27BB/100 over the 5,000 hands i've played at UB. I swear it's the like the suckout capital of the frickin' world [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 08:57 PM

Yo UB sucks a dick. I don't suggest playing on it. Ever.

As long as we're doing bad beat posts, section one is headlined "Villain Hits 2 outer on river!" and section two is "Baronzeus flops quads and has it capped on two streets!" No, but seriously, [censored] turns around. All in one 4 hour session.

PS UB sucks
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 PM

Why would anyone even bother helping new users?

It's much easier to flame and ban them. No one held the old timer's hand to help them, why should they get such assistance?

Besides, giving away such tips is -EV.

Sometimes I wonder how sites like 2+2 and BW exist (although I know the why -- pushing books and affiliate links, respectively). I honestly wonder why people gave me (or anyone else) help (both now and then), grateful though I am. There is an answer here (none of us, including myslef are doing this for purely philanthropic reasons)... but sometimes I wonder.

Or maybe I am just an ass.

-K
Old 08-08-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw I had a downswing (-0.5bb/100) over something like 20-30k hands on 0.5/1.

And I'm pretty good, for a 0.5/1 player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw I had a downswing (-0.5bb/100) over something like 20-30k hands on 0.5/1.

And I'm pretty good, for a 0.5/1 player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell... as long as we're on the subject of bad beats, though I've been doing fairly well lately, yesterday was an exception.

I think I lost $100 playing 5/10, 8/16, 3/6 and 2/4, which is really nothing, but I swear, I've never seen so many great hands during this day (about 2k hands). Best hands I've seen in a month, continuously getting crushed. I had to take a break for a bit after losing to a runner-runner.

It happens. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

--dave
Old 08-08-2005, 09:45 PM

Shouldn't we move this thread to the official bad beat thread? (Great idea @bsolute)
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone even bother helping new users?

It's much easier to flame and ban them. No one held the old timer's hand to help them, why should they get such assistance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull!

I don't know what this place was like 3 years ago, but 1 year ago, I got some great help from guys like Entity/Shill, and probably about 8 months ago, and the peak of my poker knowledge, I was contributing to threads for of a bunch of pretty good players (who are much better than myself now).

There's a lot of hand-holding going on, and generally it gets returned to the forum in the form of strategy/conceptual posts from really awesome players who "grew up" here.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't we move this thread to the official bad beat thread? (Great idea @bsolute)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah lovely idea! Having a 300+ post thread constantly be bumped by people who recieved the "worst beat ever," making the substantive threads virtually invisible. Nothing makes a mod happier! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] On second thought, I will just refer people to www.riveredagain.com. Seriously, after you have seen the worst statitically possible beat (two specific cards runner-runner) then there is nothing else to complain about. I've had it happen to me.

Not to be a jerk though. I just really don't think it's a good idea and would like to nip it in the bud. Wookie's NC thread is at least interesting, but seriously, who wants to read about others' bad beats?

Oh, and as for getting blackjack advise, have you tried the other gambling forum? 2p2ers will be less likely to flame you.