Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Dumb move?

UTG is calling every sort of high card to the river. Played 25 of 35 and went to the river 20 times. Losing his shirt in the process..

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Whats the right move here?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Dumb move?

well if you check/call and UTG calls youll be getting the right odds to boat up, as far as the river, if its still 3 way you probably have to fold to a bet UI, but its definately close, i dont know how often you are ahead of MP1 here, but if UTG will be caling on river no matter what, i think you have to fold to a river bet
Old 09-16-2005, 05:05 AM

Check-call and hope you boat-up. I might bet the river unimproved if there's a chance MP1 will fold.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 AM

am i the only one who would 3 bet the flop?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:15 AM

i don't understand the donkbet on the flop?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:16 AM

technically, that's not a 'donk' bet.

Also, isn't top 2 worth a bet?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:28 AM

Im not a limit player, so take my advice with some grain of salt.
I would 3-bet the flop, check/call turn and check/call river too unless I hit a king or jack there.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i call a "donkbet" when someone bets into a preflop raiser- here the 3-bettor.

yes it is, but i was just wondering because we're just asking to get it raised behind us and i wouldn't know what to do after that: do they have trips, do they have the flush, is it just a hand like AA[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-

so i don't understand it because i'm wondering what the plan is for the rest of the hand: call down, c/r a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn, bet out again...?

edit: see Komdo's post for what i thought the reasoning for the.."flop" bet would have been and since we didn't do that, i'm wondering why the "flop" bet.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i call a "donkbet" when someone bets into a preflop raiser- here the 3-bettor.

yes it is, but i was just wondering because we're just asking to get it raised behind us and i wouldn't know what to do after that: do they have trips, do they have the flush, is it just a hand like AA[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-

so i don't understand it because i'm wondering what the plan is for the rest of the hand: call down, c/r a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn, bet out again...?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said he was a chaser. Seems clear to me to bet and call down such players.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one who would 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
think its better to wait for the turn to raise since your equity will change dramatically with the turn card. in this example i would c/c turn and c/f river UI against a field of 3. if the turn gets checked thru u can c/c the river as well.