Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Evidence that Pacific Poker is Rigged

Maybe this is old news, maybe I won't be believed; I post this as a public service announcement and am not concerned about whether people agree or not. I am also not offering proof, but rather, one instance of evidence which, for me, confirmed my suspicion.

Hand #2879000; I was dealt A4 of hearts in early-middle position. I was ready to call, having found that slightly looser pre-flop play and aggressive post-flop play when it hits tends to be profitable against the inevitable calling stations present in online tourneys with a $30 buy-in. However, an under the gun raise changed my mind and I folded. And yet, on the flop there was my four of hearts.

And, in the highly unlikely event that I somehow mistook diamonds for hearts, on the turn was an Ace of diamonds. These tourneys I had until recently found very beatable. I placed first or second in half of 20 tourneys, all with the stakes (or nearly so) that I mentioned before. Over the past two days I've been able to limp in to only one second place finish, severely understacked & extremely lucky to survive.

Of course, I could've just had a bad run of cards. Getting drawn out on repeatedly with dominating hands like AQ vs. Q9; getting disconnected (while running a cable modem connection & simultaneously being able to access email, google searches, etc.) with pocket Ks & a K high on the flop. Possible, but not probable. And no, this is not statistical evidence; the truth lay more in the manner by which I lost. Losing the 50% when I was winning was sensible, after words it was absurd (follow?).

I am a solid poker player who has recently returned to the game after not having played for three years. Obviously, one necessary skill for a poker player is being able to smell bullshit. Pacific Poker stinks to me, but it's up to all you fine 2+2 Forum members to make up your own minds.

yours truly,
MasterShakin
Old 05-19-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Evidence that Pacific Poker is Rigged

Couldn't you have had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], with the diamond being the bottom card and made this mistake?

Do you think it's more likely that folded hole cards routinely appear on the flop and no one notices, or that you made a mistake?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:37 PM

It's too bad you didn't call and showdown your 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], to match the board 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. That would've been cool, and probably would have put the whole table on tilt. You would have cleaned up.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's too bad you didn't call and showdown your 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], to match the board 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. That would've been cool, and probably would have put the whole table on tilt. You would have cleaned up.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH Sir!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM

A reasonable thought, but not the case. For one, I would never have considered calling without suited cards. Second, because of the raise I had to look at my cards again and begrudgingly fold. I would've had to misread my cards twice and neither time would I have been taking a passive look at my cards; passive, in the sense that I could imagine misreading a 72 suited since I would never be interested in playing them anyhow.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:41 PM

can't you request HH from them?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:41 PM

lol...

something tells me though that if I had called then the four wouldn't have flopped
Old 05-19-2005, 06:42 PM

A complete hand history would help.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 PM

I will, among other things. First though I want to remove all my money from the site and put a warning out to my bank to prevent any further withdrawls.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:47 PM

so you have told us a story of something that happened and provided no evidence and still expect us to believe it? i know i have misremembered what cards i had many times, i assume once you look at that hand history you will realize that this was the case. and next time when you say "evidence" that something is rigged, you should actually have evidence...

rj