Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:55 PM

Default analyze my action on this hand

I'm bowski1

Seat 1: Big_Sam ($179.60 in chips)
Seat 2: Suzaku X ($46.50 in chips)
Seat 3: marl_1122 ($45.40 in chips)
Seat 4: Lagolas ($33.80 in chips)
Seat 5: menomena ($44 in chips)
Seat 6: SilentJack ($75.60 in chips)
Seat 8: bowski1 [JC,QS] ($45.60 in chips)
Seat 9: LiLBugger ($27 in chips)
Seat 10: UGLYTUCO ($103.60 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Suzaku X posts blind ($0.50), marl_1122 posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
Lagolas folds, menomena calls $1, SilentJack folds, bowski1 calls $1, LiLBugger folds, UGLYTUCO bets $2, Big_Sam folds, Suzaku X folds, marl_1122 folds, menomena calls $1, bowski1 calls $1.

FLOP [board cards QD,6C,10C ]
menomena bets $1, bowski1 bets $2, UGLYTUCO bets $3, menomena calls $2, bowski1 calls $1.

TURN [board cards QD,6C,10C,2C ]
menomena bets $2, bowski1 calls $2, UGLYTUCO bets $4, menomena calls $2, bowski1 calls $2.

RIVER [board cards QD,6C,10C,2C,JS ]
menomena checks, bowski1 bets $2, UGLYTUCO bets $4, menomena folds, bowski1 calls $2.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: analyze my action on this hand

I dont limp second in with JQo pre flop, because it sucks and you might get raised ^^^^

Interesting note: This hand is extremely similar to Hand 2 in "how good is your limit holdem"

hand looks good, i dont bet the river because hands you beat arent calling you and the straight draw just came in.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:17 PM

Default No read - no stats - no advice

W/o reads or stats on your Villian - it is hard to say much other than the obvious. If you feel his PF raise range is AA-KK & AK only - then you missed an obvious raise when your 2nd pair comes on the river. If his PF raise range is larger, you still have the edge over everything except a low probability set. IMO, you MUST 3 bet this river.

Please try and add some stats or reads about your opponents into your future posts.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM

Pre-flop: I don't particularly care for the initial pre-flop call. But since you made it, calling the raise isn't bad.
Flop: I like the flop raise / call. Based on his actions, I put UGLYTUCO on an overpair to your queens.
Turn: I like the call here. With 9 outs to a Q high flush, and 3 J outs to two pair with the size of the pot, I believe you are getting the odds to call.
River: I think a c/r would have been more appropriate here. Or at least a re-raise after his raise. I think he has only an overpair.

Bare in mind this is my first response to a hand post. I replied more for my own sake. I wanted to see if my thoughts jived with the experts. And if they don't I wanted to give them the opportunity to rip it apart.
-Shaggy
Old 10-27-2005, 04:49 PM

I was betting to 3 bet on the river thinking he had KK or AA after 3 betting the flop. BUT I think i just assumed too much intelligence on my oppoenent. I didn't put him on AK (3 betting the flop just doesn't make sense, especially raising the turn when u miss completely) but I didn't think he could make that raise w/ an overpair after getting bet into on every street especially w/ the flush out there and the straight etc... But I think your right that I played the river well until I didn't 3 bet. He ended up showing KK and losing. Was it his reraise on the flop that made you think he had an overpair, thus, making a reraise on the river mandatory? Thanks for your help, and i'll try and avoid playing QJo after a limper because it is a dick hand.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:27 PM

How can I add stats to this?? Is there a program that keeps track of other player's stats? If so, is it free?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 PM

Poker Tracker. No, it isn't free. But I figure my copy pays for itself once an hour.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM

what does it tell you?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:35 PM

It does everything but wash my car and polish my knob. For more info, try this link.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 PM

sounds good, i might go buy it later tonight