Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:28 AM

Default quad 3\'s with lots of callers

Im new to limit, didnt want to lose callers newhere. Overcall river? Raise flop or turn? Played perfectly?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (16.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 11-06-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: quad 3\'s with lots of callers

I'm raising the flop, getting those bets in then when people are trapped, since villain may cap the flop here as well, and lead the turn. Yes they'll be cold calling, but donks are much more apt to cold call when they have money in on a street.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 AM

hmm... i dont know if there is a correct way to play this hand, or if it matters either way.

you got a fair few bets out of your opponents so i guess you can be satisfied.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:53 AM

These hands don't matter at all, but I'm starting to think the tendency we see in these hands to "not lose customers" is significant to how some posters play other hands.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:55 AM

try and start a war on the flop
Old 11-06-2005, 02:58 AM

ah true that, but here... with 7 players and no reads i just think it cant really be analysed too indepth.

a raise on the flop could see 5 players capping and going to war on the turn.
or it could see everyone fold but the raiser who calls then checkfolds the turn.

i just dont think either disguises your hand better or is more +ev in situations like that.... feel free to argue why im wrong
Old 11-06-2005, 03:02 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I dont like raising the flop, as donks face two bets cold and I dont want to lose customers. I think the best line for this hand is call, call, call, strangely enough...
Old 11-06-2005, 03:40 AM

It faces them with 1 BB. They've put money into the pot. They are very likely to call here.

You don't know if they will even pay to see the river, and if you are assuming they will call the turn, then that's more reason to raise the flop! Then they'll pay a BB to see the turn, and pay the BB in an even bigger pot to see the river. You can't use the fact it'd be 1 BB back to them on the flop as logic to just call the turn, its the same BB back to them in a smaller pot.