Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 03:34 PM

Default KTs on the button

Been pretty much not playing for a while due to the birth of my second daughter. I think I should have checked the turn, since I have to believe that UTG will be calling down at the least and is almost definately ahead (I wish I had thought of that about a second before I did). UTG is good, MP3 is a maniac preflop, kind of passive post flop.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.33 BB
Old 03-04-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: KTs on the button

no reason to call the flop.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:37 PM

when i see this hand it looks to me like youre setting up a turn bluff-raise with that flop call? considering that utg is a good player who could probably lay down a pp in this spot to a delayed raise from you into two players, then i like the play. i actually use this play a lot myself, and gain a ton of pots with it.

the more i think about it, the more i love this play cause of the huge amount of pots it can pick up on a total bluff. obviously, its incredibly hard to the bettor to call a turn raise here without an A if hes a decent player.
nice play, just wish it worked out.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

congratulations

yucky flop call
Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i see this hand it looks to me like youre setting up a turn bluff-raise with that flop call? considering that utg is a good player who could probably lay down a pp in this spot to a delayed raise from you into two players, then i like the play. i actually use this play a lot myself, and gain a ton of pots with it.

the more i think about it, the more i love this play cause of the huge amount of pots it can pick up on a total bluff. obviously, its incredibly hard to the bettor to call a turn raise here without an A if hes a decent player.
nice play, just wish it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he checks the turn though, I have to think he is going for a check raise or a cheap showdown. What kind of hand could he check fold after this action?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:03 PM

After we folded out UTG showed his hand, AQ. Odd hand to limp reraise with, I guess he was counting on the maniac to raise?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After we folded out UTG showed his hand, AQ. Odd hand to limp reraise with, I guess he was counting on the maniac to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or counting on someone not to trust him and to overcall his flop bet with king-high?