Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Oh you tiny little flush (or Why do I play at this table anyway?).

Playing 4/8, 7 handed. Three other 2+2ers at the table -- I am sandwiched in between a LAGish 2+2er on my right and a TAGish 2+2er on my left. Generally, the game has been very loose. I haven't been running well and I am down to less than 8BB. I am taking money out of my pocket to rebuy, when this hand occurs:

I am on the button with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Preflop: UTG, MP, LAG2+2er limps, I limp, TAG2+2er raises, BB calls and everyone else calls. 6 players to the flop.

Flop (12SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

TAG2+2er checks, BB checks, UTG (also a 2+2er) bets, LAG2+2er raises, Hero 3-bet(?), TAG2+2ers calls, BB folds, UTG folds, LAG2+2er caps, Hero calls, TAG2+2er calls. [precise action on the flop may be a little off, but it was certainly capped.]

Turn (12.5BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

LAG2+2 bets, Hero raises, TAG2+2er calls, LAG2+2er 3-bets, Hero calls, TAG2+2er calls, LAG2+2er calls, Hero scratches his head (with less than 2BB left) and wonders why he sat in this seat or even came to play at all...
Old 11-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Oh you tiny little flush (or Why do I play at this kind of table?).

[ QUOTE ]
TAG2+2ers calls, BB folds, UTG folds, TAG2+2er caps, Hero calls, TAG2+2er calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop action is definitely a little bit off. Why did you face the field with 3 cold though? I would have CCed the first 2 bets to me because no matter what we hit it'll likely put us ahead of a large field, so I want callers behind me.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Oh you tiny little flush (or Why do I play at this kind of table?).

I just fixed it a little -- the funny thing is, I am not sure that I three-bet here. It is just the only thing that makes any sense... UTG2+2er's bet didn't mean a whole lot to me and the LAG2+2er could have been trying to isolate. I did not mind being heads up with him (which I hoped a 3-bet would do).

That being said, I might have cold called and the 3-bet may have come from the TAG2+2er and I may have just cold called 2 bets twice. Suffice it to say, the hand left me dazed and confused and I don't even remember my own flop action.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Oh you tiny little flush (or Why do I play at this table anyway?).

meh, cap the turn and and river the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Damn, I am bad. Turn action is also wrong -- TAG2+2er capped the turn on that last round of betting.

I need a proofreader.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:34 PM

Turn action is wrong. TAGish 2+2'er cold calls 2 bets, LAG'ish 2+2er 3bets, hero calls, I cap (yep, that TAG is me).

I haven't looked at the other streets... at work, too busy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I already fixed the part where you capped... I also left out the part where I knocked over your stack to make the night a little more worthwhile.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:37 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Here's the real hand. (note, I'm a lag?)

you have 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] OTB. Everyone limps, you limp, tightwad nut peddling 2+2er in ugly pants raises in the sb, all call.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Tightwad bets, UTG (yes, another fvcking 2p2er raises, lag 2+2er calls, you call, tightwad 3 bets, utg calls, lag caps, everyone calls.)

Turn is a spade and the chips go a-flying.

FWIW, I'm not sure this hand merits much posting or input aside from the fact that all of us need better table selection. I do take a bit of offense at being called a lag though. I certainly didn't play well, but 90% of my pre-flop raises were justified. If only I could find the fold button more postflop, I might be a good player. And I missed a check-raise I'm regretting.

It was a fun night though.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(yep, that TAG is me)

[/ QUOTE ]

so is this:

[ QUOTE ]
tightwad nut peddling 2+2er in ugly pants raises in the sb,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your girlfriend is super cute though. Maybe I'll get some ugly pants too.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:52 PM

I am [censored] old.

I was virtually certain I had 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but my memory sucks.

Tightwad 3-bet the turn? I was trying to remember where the third bet came from... I didn't think he did it... but I knew UTG didn't do it.... so I figured I must have done it. My memory sucks.

I guess the hand doesn't merit much discussion, but I was bored when I got to the office this morning and I was trying to reconstruct it... but my memory sucks.

EDIT: You were certainly tending towards the LAGish side as the night went on... and although my memory sucks, I am confident in that.

EDIT #2: TT's pants sucked more than my memory but I left too early to see the girlfriend.