Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 05:40 PM

Default How aggressive with KK here?

I put UTG on an A, so I think I'm probably behind until the river. But with a third club there, how far do I go after making my set? I don't check-call this do I? Comments on all streets are always welcome.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ac 8c (flush, ace high).
Hero has Kh Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 16.25 BB. </font>
Old 03-25-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: How aggressive with KK here?

If you're sure UTG has an Ace why are you calling the turn? You have two outs and you're getting 7.25 to 1, which is nowhere near enough, also the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] could give him a flush so you need more like 25 to 1.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:43 AM

I would just call the river raise with the 3 flush cards, if it wasnt a club id fire away as he hasnt got AA.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 AM

if you put UTG on an ace (how exactly, what's the read?) to the point where you didn't three bet the flop, you should fold the flop. If he has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you're drawing to one out. One, the odds of oh 47:1 on the flop and 46:1 on the river. Even if its just an ace, theres no justification for drawing to two outs.
That being said, I'd probably peel one off and then just fold the turn (i hate folding to a c/r on the same street, esp. the flop, which, i guess, is a leak), if my miracle didn't come in. His c/r with the ace on board against a preflop raiser shows strength, and i'm drawing nearly nearly dead.

PS, don't include results.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:46 AM

if you can definitely put him on A, fold the turn. a c/r on the river, call his reraise. i doubt he'd be bluffing like that, but since you can put him on A so accurately, you'd be able to tell if he's bluffing, no?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:41 PM

You raised preflop, still he check raises you on the flop. That means he probably has something, a flush draw or an ace. If he is on a flush draw, it would be a great semi bluff to do this since he might expect you to fold on the turn when bet into if you don't have an ace.
When he check raises you on the river, he isn't bluffing since he knows that you will probably call. Don't 3-bet the river. Other than that I think you played it fine. There is no right answer here, it comes down to your read on him.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:45 PM

No reads on UTG? I think I call the check-raise on the river. You're either way ahead or way behind now.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 PM

If you put UTG on an A, then you shouldn't even have gotten to the river. Getting 7-1 on the turn and drawing to 1.5 outs is a fold.

However, I tend to take this hand to a showdown if UTG is unknown to me. I would have bet-called this river. 3-betting is bad with the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] out there.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 PM

Am I the only one that folds KK if an ace flops, I bet and get raised?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that folds KK if an ace flops, I bet and get raised?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty weak play, dude.