Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 04:09 AM

Default President Chimpy really does care about National Security

NOT! Good gravy is this choad ever a fuckup. I've heard many a conservative on this board say that they are glad that Bush is in charge because he does a better job on national security than Kerry would have. Right.

Clueless connected dupe appointed to help terrorists sneak into country undetected

[ QUOTE ]
As you probably know, this is the largest investigative arm of DHS and the second largest Federal investigative agency after the FBI. ICE’s critical homeland security mission is directed at all Customs and Immigration violations occurring in the interior of the U.S. These are the officers that have to respond to calls of illegal aliens, drug loads with a border nexus and the detention and removal of all illegal aliens place in removal proceedings. ICE accounts for close to 80% of all arrests made within the FBI’s joint terrorism task force. ICE criminally prosecutes more individuals than any other Federal agency.

My point is, ICE is the lead agency to proactively prevent terrorism in the U.S. Ms. Myers, although learned, has barely the legal requirement to be nominated as the AS for ICE. The law requires 5 years of managerial experience and 5 years of law enforcement experience. Ms. Myers is 35 and has worked as the following(estimates): private attorney 2 years; AUSA EDNY 2 years; Deputy Asst Sec Treasury 2 years; Chief of Staff for Michael Chertoff at Main Justice 2 years; Starr Commission 1 year; Director of Commerce’s Export Control agency 2 years; and the White House Personnel 2 years. The most direct law enforcement experience is supervising 250 Commerce Special Agents which pursues similar violations on export control as ICE. Roughly 11 years of experience to lead the 12,000 law enforcement officer ICE agency. You decide if this is sufficient. I can guarantee you that she would never have been nominated to run the FBI, DEA or Secret Service. It’s almost like the old INS days where they just throw out the political favors. Maybe she’s getting the job because she’s tight with Chertoff. Maybe it’s because she’s the niece of General Myers (Chair Joint Chiefs of Staff). Who knows, but I guarantee you this, the next time some illegal aliens commit a terrorist act on U.S. soil, people are going to be scrutinizing her resume.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to hear any of you conservative goons ever get on me again about calling this president Chimpy, or Simian Prince, or anything else, because everything -- I MEAN EVERY [censored] THING HE DOES -- is [censored] assinine. Jesus. Most people couldn't [censored] up this badly if they tried.

Question: Bush is not even close to being fiscally conservative and he doesn't give a [censored] about national security ... so why do the "conservatives" on this board still defend him?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: President Chimpy really does care about National Security

I wish Bush were heading Al Qaeda.

And you spelled asinine wrong.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:31 AM

Recent quote by my guy:

[ QUOTE ]
"Michael Brown -- or Brownie as the president so famously thanked him for 'doing a heck of a job' -- Brownie is to Katrina what Paul Bremer is to peace in Iraq; what George Tenet is to slam-dunk intelligence; what Paul Wolfowitz is to parades paved with flowers in Baghdad; what Dick Cheney is to visionary energy policy; what Donald Rumsfeld is to basic war planning; what Tom Delay is to ethics; and what George Bush is to 'Mission Accomplished' and 'Wanted Dead or Alive.'

-John F. Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could Dubya have possibly said that correctly without reading off of a card?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Michael Brown -- or Brownie as the president so famously thanked him for 'doing a heck of a job' -- Brownie is to Katrina what Paul Bremer is to peace in Iraq; what George Tenet is to slam-dunk intelligence; what Paul Wolfowitz is to parades paved with flowers in Baghdad; what Dick Cheney is to visionary energy policy; what Donald Rumsfeld is to basic war planning; what Tom Delay is to ethics; and what George Bush is to 'Mission Accomplished' and 'Wanted Dead or Alive.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, the latest proposal to pay for Katrina is to eliminate grants to States for HomeLand Security.
Mission Accomplished. HomeLand Security State Funds will now just go directly to Halliburton.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:32 AM

surprised at the source - Michelle Malkin is usually a verbatim mouthpiece of the GWB administration - I'm sure they share talking points with her...

but even the most die-hard republican can only take that man's incompetence so far - and now that he's a lame duck, people and the press are no longer intimidated by the bullying tactics of that administration - LOL - no wonder their ratings are going down...LOL

The emperor has no clothes - glad to see the country starting to wake up ....

RB
Old 09-23-2005, 07:22 PM

One day you will see the truth... hope we are all still here.

What was that political office that was held by that guy/girl that really wasn't qualified? Oh that's right... most of them.

What administration HASN"T posted people to posistions they really weren't qualified for.

For god sakes... we all think Greenspan is an idiot and he's super-qualified for his job.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:59 PM

Greenspan an idiot? Whoa. More data needed. Perhaps I missed a thread but I think the guy's done a fine job.

Now if Bush had just listened to him regarding the dangers of his tax cuts we'd be better off.