Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 06:00 PM

Default TT SB hand

party 15/30

4 limpers. i'm in the SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise. BB calls. limpers call. 6 to the flop for 12 sb.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check to protect... yes? no?

anyhoo. BB bets. folded to MP player who raises. Coldcalled on the button, then back to me.

whats the game plan?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Re: TT SB hand

If someone asked me to bet my life yesterday that you'd never play a hand like this I would have done it. Thank god it never happened, I would have given my life to someone because CDC played a hand like crap. Next time you think 'check to protect,' think about what I just wrote.

3-bet.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:40 PM

I would have attempted a checkraise like you, also. Cap the flop and come out firing on the turn (depending on what it is). You may need to slow down if you're raised on 4th st though
Old 09-08-2004, 06:42 PM

Hi Chris,

I lead the Flop. You have no idea where the bet will come from, and even if everything goes perfectly, a check-raise won't fold out anyone that you are hoping to get out. So, I bet the Flop, and go from there, hoping to get raised so that I can 3-bet, or try to formulate a plan for the Turn.

I'd 3-bet on the Flop once it's back to me. There are many Turn cards that could come to slow you down, so get your money in now and "take control of the hand" while you still have the best of it. With AA instead of TT here, I may wait until the Turn to show strength. But with TT, I'm 3-betting and not letting my foot off the gas pedal.

-Brian
Old 09-08-2004, 06:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I agree. I never see him make mistakes but I think checking the flop is a mistake.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:03 PM

Default stuff

so.. pretty much everybody doesn't like my flop check

i was sorta on the fence on this one, for one, anybody with any kind of draw or overcard has the odds to call if I lead out, so betting doesn't really protect my hand at all

but then i realized...

i was the one who raised pf. i have no idea where a bet will come from. i pretty much slapped myself on the forehead when the BB bet.

so.... it's two cold back to me, so I did what I do best. 3-bet. BB calls. and then MP caps. Button folds. I call. BB calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I'm checkcalling this right?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I never see him make mistakes...

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, my river checkraise hand with 22 i posted last night was pretty effing stupid.