Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Crazy hand from today\'s 80 session (low content)

Bay 101 80-160, 10 handed. UTG is very loose, very aggressive, but a decent hand reader. He just lost to runner-runner trips and is angry. His cards are dealt to him and without looking he flips them face up in disgust and is about to get up and take a walk. The problem is he flipped up K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Everybody sort of sits there shocked and he looks at the hand for a little bit and says, "Wait, can I call?" Floor comes over and says it's OK. He then decides he wants to raise instead and is told he can't because he verbally called already. So he limps. With his cards face up. Folded to donk in MP who agonizes for a long time and then calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and turns HIS cards face up too. I fold my 32o, and the not-so-good player to my left ALSO limps, but doesn't expose his cards. Folded to BB who checks.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG bets, MP calls, and LP calls(!?), BB folds. Turn: an offsuit T. Bet-call-fold. River was another blank and UTG took it down.

As an interesting side question, if he limps and it's folded to you in my position (LMP), what do you come in with? He will get to the showdown, and if you raise him at any point he may reraise.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Crazy hand from today\'s 80 session (low content)

if you know that no one else is coming in, than a lot, but not everything

32o will win 15% of the time. Lets say that when you win that pot, it is an average size of 8 BB, which sounds right.

you will lose 85% of the time, where you put in an average of 1BB (you will have to draw sometimes, but mostly fold on flop)

So .15% of the time you win 4 BB = +.6 BB
and .85% of the time you lose 1.00 BB = -.85 BB

-.25 BB EV for 32o

But this is assuming you know you get it heads up, which you can't know, so you have to be even more selective

so go to two dimes.net and find the break even point, which is a hand that wins 4(X%) = (1-X%) X = 20%

so any pair/nake aces

some others
Old 09-25-2005, 02:34 PM

Remember, if I limp the big blind will definitely be in the hand too.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:46 PM

how loose is the BB?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:35 PM

Tightish and passive. Defends his BB less than most, and raises on the turn and river are top-top or (usually) better 99% of the time.