Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Ugh. I tilted (low content).

I can't remember the last time I let my emotions very discernably affect my play. Today it happened (preflop -- I still play postflop the same against these two, though I should bet the river).

Just posting here as a subtle reminder to myself: when you feel the maniacs, the losing sessions, etc., begin to affect your play, get up and leave. Take a break. Get some food. Get some air. Whatever. Come back when you feel normal.

After I realized I tilted in this hand, I managed to calm myself back down. I'm posting it to chastise myself a bit and also because it was a reaaaaaaaaaly weird hand.

And yes, I know, bet the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No more poker for tonight. I played too many hands and let it cloud my judgement. It was one hell of a high variance session (these two helped that along) as well: http://www.geekpoker.net/images/rollercoaster.jpg

Both players were complete maniacs; something along the lines of 75/25/2 for one and 58/22/2 for the other (the one with AQ was the "sane" maniac).

Sorry for the low/no-content post. I'm posting it here because it's a HUSH hand and a reminder to myself and others not to let the odd conditions in these games get to you.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (27 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah Qh (one pair, fours).
UTG has Qc 3s (two pair, fours and threes).
Hero has 6h 6s (two pair, sixes and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 27 BB. </font>
Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Ugh. I tilted (low content).

Ok, the LRR is a little weird, but really, not that bad, since everyone's playing. You're not saying you should have folded after 3 limpers, are you?

The whole hand looks fine, actually, and I think checking behind and betting the river are closer than you think against maniacs like these.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:13 PM

I don't understand. Who would ever fold a good made overpair hand against 2 maniacs?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 PM

just purely out of curiousity... what were you thinking or can you describe how you felt when you 3bet pf?

if you were mad at sb for example, and wanted to get even with him for example....how does 3betting help you?

obviously you know the answer to this, i am just kind of interested in why people have a problem with tilting.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM

Human.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM

If this is the worst you have ever tilted, god bless you, and you are a much stronger man than I am.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:52 PM

location/ avator is funny
Old 08-05-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just purely out of curiousity... what were you thinking or can you describe how you felt when you 3bet pf?

if you were mad at sb for example, and wanted to get even with him for example....how does 3betting help you?

obviously you know the answer to this, i am just kind of interested in why people have a problem with tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The LRR wasn't designed to punish anyone (though, in all actuality, it did punish me). It was bascially a moment of weakness -- a "[censored] it, let's build a big pot" LRR -- that I really should be better than.

As far as how much it costs me, preflop, it probably doesn't cost me that much. Postflop, however, it's a different story as I've basically tied myself onto the flop on all but the worst flops (I can get away from excessive action on an AKQ flop, but there are a lot of marginal flops/actions where I'm going to be sitting there until the turn at least, but probably the river).

I have to admit, despite it potentially being -EV (though I guess that is debatable, given the fact that people like BB folded getting 25:1 on the flop), it was fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 08-05-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB raises, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, nice table selection

[ QUOTE ]
After I realized I tilted in this hand, I managed to calm myself back down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a brag post disguised as a shame post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well done, [censored] it, bad day, your tilt threshold just moved up a bit
Old 08-05-2005, 11:22 PM

Bet the river. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Honestly, I'm impressed if this is the worst you've ever tilted.

Surf