Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 PM

Default 2 hands that are a leak of mine. better lines?

Seat 5: hero ( $32.90 )
Seat 6: villain( $27.25 ) stats: 47/0/0
big blind [$0.25].

Dealt to hero K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
folds to..jpmac48 calls [$0.25]. hero raises [$1.25] from CO
villain calls [$1.25] from Button folds around

flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero bets [$2.95].
villain is all-In.
hero calls [$23.05].

villain shows QQ.

obviously this was just one big mess up. after he made the huge raise on the flop, a fold should have been easy the guy has 0 for his AF. that push just screamed the nuts...

1 more hand

Seat 5: hero ( $37.70 )
Seat 4: villain ( $30.63 ) stats: 64/1.5/1.1
big blind [$0.25].

Dealt to hero Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villain raises [$1]. from CO hero calls [$1] from button

flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain bets [$2]. hero raises to [$6]. villain calls [$4].

turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villain checks. hero bets [$8]. villain folds.

preflop, should i even be calling a raise w/ that marginal of a hand. i do have position, but if anything id like to be the aggressor here.

post flop, i really dont like how i played it. i built the pot up w/ top pair waek kicker, and the only thing that will call me is a hand that has me beat. my turn raise also has the same problem, the only thing that will pay me off is a hand that can beat me.

what would a better line be in these types of situations. any advice is appreciated, if you wanna call me a donk, go right ahead, these were the most donkish hands i could find on my PT stats.(im sure i can find more) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: 2 hands that are a leak of mine. better lines?

hand 1:
preflop raise is standard. i usually don't press the "bet pot" button though. it looks suspicious to me. i see a lot of people do this when they miss their flop with AK (maybe it's different at .50/1 though...). bet 3/4 pot next time. as played, fold to an all in.

hand 2:
easy fold preflop. you have position, but villain is a 64/1.5. i sometimes make this call is villain is way LAG, like 70/40/6.0, due to implied odds. but besides that situation he's not raising 1.5% of the time with a hand worse than Q9.

--solids