Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Does anyone do the \"look at the 2nd hand of your watch\" from HOH move?

In reading Harrington on Holdem I thought it was brilliant when he said just to call QQ 1 out of 5 times to keep the table guessing, and to keep it random he said to look at the 2nd hand of your watch and if its between 49-0 seconds "just call", and the other 48 seconds raise. Does anyone do this? I do it by the suits..
Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Does anyone do the \"look at the 2nd hand of your watch\" from HOH move?

Nope. I just do it whenever I feel like it. Basically though, in ring games you dont see the same people enough to need a hard and fast 1/5 rule. That mainly applies to tournaments I think - where you might see the same person for 10-12 hours a day for a week.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Does anyone do the \"look at the 2nd hand of your watch\" from HOH move?

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. I just do it whenever I feel like it. Basically though, in ring games you dont see the same people enough to need a hard and fast 1/5 rule. That mainly applies to tournaments I think - where you might see the same person for 10-12 hours a day for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't really specify but I meant tourneys. I guess its a good habit to get into anyway.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM

The only problem with that logic is how often in one session do you get the same hands that require a different way to play it?

If 93off for example, was a premium hand I could raise it 70% and call it 30% [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]