Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Pokertracker BB/100

Hi- I am a small winning online player for about 1 year and use virtually no tracking software. I play 2/4 3/6 and 20-50 SNG's and wonder how much of a mistake I am making by not buying both PT versions?

My concern other than being a cheap skate is that it would monopolize my tougher decisions. Obviously if you have AA and it's bet to you preflop you raise regardless of the circumstances, but what about TJs or KTo behind an opener with #'s like 35/20? I'm afraid I would use the information too much, fish get hands occasionally as well.

Any insight would be appreciated, how much it helped estimating bb/100 or otherwise, how much you use it to make decisions in the limits you play, how much mining you need to do to get a substantial enough database to make decisions.

I play about 5,000 hands a month now and that likely won't increase much.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker BB/100

[ QUOTE ]
Hi- I am a small winning online player for about 1 year and use virtually no tracking software. I play 2/4 3/6 and 20-50 SNG's and wonder how much of a mistake I am making by not buying both PT versions?

My concern other than being a cheap skate is that it would monopolize my tougher decisions. Obviously if you have AA and it's bet to you preflop you raise regardless of the circumstances, but what about TJs or KTo behind an opener with #'s like 35/20? I'm afraid I would use the information too much, fish get hands occasionally as well.

Any insight would be appreciated, how much it helped estimating bb/100 or otherwise, how much you use it to make decisions in the limits you play, how much mining you need to do to get a substantial enough database to make decisions.

I play about 5,000 hands a month now and that likely won't increase much.

Thanks for any replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing 60k hands a year. Get PT. If you don't want to use it to track your opponents (which would be a big mistake IMO) then use it to detect leaks in your game. For instance, every pocket pair is profitable for me and should be for you as well.

If you want to track your opponents than pony up another $25 for Pokerace HUD.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Thanks, any insight into what it's worth? How often a round or session you rely on it to change a decision you would have made without it?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, any insight into what it's worth? How often a round or session you rely on it to change a decision you would have made without it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it in July and my bankroll has more than doubled since then. I do not attribute it all to Pokertracker by any stretch, as I started to get real active here and have read a few more good books and switched to 6-max, but PT and PA HUD have easily paid for themselves many times over.

For instance, I noticed that JTs and JTo were money losing hands for me. I have adjusted my play and now I am almost back to even with them. The ability to replay hands has been helpful in identifying leaks. I could go on, but these tools will cost less than one NL $100 buy-in and will pay for themselves in weeks.

Download the trial versions and see for yourself.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay 5k for it if there were no alternatives. Probably higher. PT (and HUD) change a decision I make probably once every 10 hands, but this is a rough estimate because I really make about 1/5 my preflop desicions with help from PT and almost all postflop decisions, so guessing what it would change and what reads I would have without is tough. I play 10/20 6 max in case you find this relevent.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 PM

PT will help you, and over time it will pay for itself(might take a while at 5k hands a month). The big help it gave me was in multitabling. I use to play 5 tables of 2/4 and sometimes 3/6. I dropped back to 1/2 and started 8 tabling when I got PT and my hourly rate is higher then at 2/4 now. This is soley because of PT and PAHUD. I can not possibly observe other players at so many tables so PT and PA are indispensable.

Playing marginal hands well is what keeps better players at good BB/100 rates. The majority of my decisions when playing marginal hands are based heavily on my opponents PT stats. If you get PAHud you can display any of a large number of stats right at the table. I think it is 50 plus stats. You will find something there that will help your game.

On top of that it's helped with logging my own progress. I use to write down after every session how many hands i played, how much i was up, and then use a calculator to find out my win rate, and hourly rate, and bla bla bla, I get all that info at a click of my mouse now.

Getting the free trial will not do much, except get you use to the software. You do need good sample sizes to make them valuable. Bottom line though, no one has ever gotten PT and said they did not love the program.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM

You can try to get it as a free gift as a signup for one of the offers at pokersourceonline.com.

You can get it pretty free easily if you don't already have an account at Absolute or Bodog.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:00 PM

Get the free download - you can put 1000 hands into it and then decide