Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 09:04 AM

Default PLO8 200

My last hand of the month...

Link

This hand is pretty indicative of how the month went for me on the $200 tables. I was a solid winner on $100 and down, and I could not win a race all month long on $200 and up. If I win this hand, I avoid my first losing month playing PL08, But it was not to me.

Anybody thing this is really bad play on my part? I'm kinda on the fence, considering I know how tight Bunny is.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: PLO8 200

Correct play, "wrong" result. I know you know this is the right play...just in a bad patch right now. You'll snap out of it eventually.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Standard play. Maybe you'd have been + for the month if you didn't let me get away from second set on that hand a couple of weeks ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Your equity never got to a dominant level in this hand, but you were never incorrect to call, whether considering a range-of-hands argument or just going on the hands they actually had. You just have to chalk the result of this type of hand up to variance.

A tip for going through a rough patch--try not to worry about it too much after the fact. I get plenty pissed during a session where hand after hand go the same way this one did for you; usually I end up sending myself the HH's for the half-dozen hands that go badly, then take a quick look at each of them a couple hours later and just trash them. If you start second-guessing yourself every time the cards fall in a way you wished they hadn't, I suspect it'll hurt your game. It can be cathartic to post a hand like this, but keep in mind that the outcome wasn't that improbable, meaning that it'll happen a LOT more and you simply have to be prepared for it psychologically.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Did you ever consider being a therapist, wintermute? Maybe I can talk to you about how my Dad neglected me....
Old 10-03-2005, 04:45 PM

In truth this is for my benefit, not his. Getting sick of reading goddam bad beat posts that aren't even bad beats.

And for you: do not use the fact that your dad neglected you as an excuse to grope little kids in the plastic ball ocean thing at a MickeyD's playground, you sick fk.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:21 PM

You want bad beats I could post them. This was more or less a "race" but I was behind the whole way and pumping the pot-- so I wanted to know if anyone would have played the hand differently.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:22 PM

Maybe if I knew your alias I would know what hand you are talking about.