Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Illegal Immigrants posing troubles for American economy

The unrelenting rise in the number of undocumented immigrants in few of the states such as California, Florida, and New York is leading to the fastest growth (with respect to population) of these states. As a result, these states are granted more seats as seats in the U.S. House are reapportioned to all the states based on population changes after every census. States that that don't keep pace lose seats and also receives less federal funding. Moreover, this will reduce the tax payers of the nation compared to that of the population which is definitely going to impede American economy as stated in Weblobbying.com.

http://www.weblobbying.com/tilford/d...ob.asp?Lid=360

The issue is getting serious day by day and should be solved at the earliest…
Old 10-05-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Illegal Immigrants posing troubles for American economy

I just came back from a 4-day trip to Miami and I could have used a Spanish-English dictionary many times. Waiters and clerks were very hard to understand. It seems English has become by far the 2nd language in that area. It sure didn't feel like the America I remember from about 15 years ago.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Illegal Immigrants posing troubles for American economy

[ QUOTE ]
I just came back from a 4-day trip to Miami and I could have used a Spanish-English dictionary many times. Waiters and clerks were very hard to understand. It seems English has become by far the 2nd language in that area. It sure didn't feel like the America I remember from about 15 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what. Things change, if you didn't like your experience in Florida don't go back. I go eat in China town all the time and have some diffculty with their english, but the food is good so i go back.