Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Calling Gaming Club Guy!!

After a 6 month vacation, I awoke the other day with an overwhelming compulsion to play some poker on your site. However, when I attempted to access the site, I had a problem. I deleted and re-downloaded your software and the problem persists.

Here is an email which I sent to you at 5:48PM CST on 5/28 (subject: Trouble) which explains the problem in a nutshell:
"Hello--I'd like to play some poker, but when I try to open your site, the box pops up with your "splash" and the message "checking versions". And that's the end--nothing else happens, no additional messages, nothing. Help!! "

My guess is that you made some change in your software during the last six months which is causing this. You probably had a slew of complaints when it happened, but I missed the "fix".

Since your customer service people have not responded (and it's been 4 days), perhaps you can help? I would hate to be driven into the arms of your competition because of your employees' apparent apathy. Thank you.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Calling Gaming Club Guy!!

bump
Old 06-02-2005, 05:38 AM

Hi There PrincipalSkinner

Our Poker Support answers all emails from our players, but sometimes our replies get caught in spam filters.

Please provide me with your alias and I will make sure you get a prompt reply.
Or give us a toll free call at: 1 800 824 2458

Thanks,

ToT
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 AM

Thanks--alias has been pm'd.

In all seriousness, why would your emails be blocked by a "spam filter" when nobody else's are? I actually don't know whether I'm feeling sarcastic or not when I ask this. If by some weird circumstance your emails ARE being blocked by a "spam filter" (when nobody else's are), then what causes this and what steps can I take to prevent it?

Please forgive my "attitude problem", but the "spam filter" answer sounds pretty convenient to me.

Before I receive any helpful hints from your service people, let me state up front that I already understand that if other people can access your site successfully and I cannot, the problem probably lies with my security settings. I have the standard stuff installed that the folks on here have recommended, which is why I said you have probably encountered this situation before. I mention this up front because I'm hoping for something more helpful than a vague "check your settings" answer. What settings and how they should be set is what I'm lookinf for. Thanks/Frustrated
Old 06-02-2005, 11:24 AM

If by some weird circumstance your emails ARE being blocked by a "spam filter" (when nobody else's are), then what causes this and what steps can I take to prevent it?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:21 PM

Please look at the following link, it explains how to do it on your email server:

EV1

I hope that helps, if not please call our support.

ToT