Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 01:02 PM

Default KTo Vs. Da Maniac

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Villian is 70/23/2 after 50+ hands...

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

(Yes, I should have raised here I know...)

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Main question is...did I push this hand too hard, or not hard enough?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: KTo Vs. Da Maniac

you're saying he's a maniac, which means something he did prior to this hand was pretty retarded, right? why not let us know what he did to be labeled a maniac?

that said, if i were to go against someone i call a maniac, i would cap every street here, but that's my definition.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 PM

(grunching) It's fairly apparent that SB has top pair, but he only completed the SB which suggests to me that it's not a strong one. I think we can go to war here and pray it's not K2 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 PM

I think the flavor of maniac is important here. Is this a doesn't-ever-miss-a-bet-with-any-piece-of-the-board-or-sometimes-even-Ace-high maniac or just a pushes-really-hard-with-any-pair maniac? Or even an overplays-decent-but-not-great-hands maniac?

In general, I like the way you played it. But you might've missed some bets against certain maniac flavors.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're saying he's a maniac, which means something he did prior to this hand was pretty retarded, right? why not let us know what he did to be labeled a maniac?

that said, if i were to go against someone i call a maniac, i would cap every street here, but that's my definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, has he been raising capping all streets with bottom pair or ace high? If so go ahead and cap the turn and get two more bets in on the river. I'd be too much of a puss even againts a super maniac b/c our hand is not super strong. Against a less suicidal maniac, one who tends to slowdown a little bit if he doesn't have a hand, I would cap the flop, but everything else looks ok.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Ok, let me clarify him...

caps bottom pair, FD, OESD
Bluffs on river with Ace high
Has capped preflop with marginal holdings
Slowplayed Aces

All of these things were pretty weird along with his VPIP, hence his labeling of a maniac. The fact that he didn't raise one of his really good hands and then showed it down several hands prior to this...maybe I'm being a chickenshit because I saw that hand.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if hes a "Unknown" i play it the same.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM

Vs a real maniac? Not hard enough. But if you're asking: too hard.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Against a maniac I would cap flop and turn, but I agree with Eeegah, he has probably K2...
Old 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM

Eh that's pretty weak. I could see K2, K7, K8, K9, KT and 22 playing this aggro from a sane player, although granted that doesnt bode well for us.