Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Default QQ flopped set with horrible turn and river cards...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No good reads, one of the first couple orbits around...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, BB folds.

Should not slow play this right due to the clubs and the fact that I raised UTG so they will probably check it thought right?

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Great, what do you guys think about this card, and the passive calls?

River: (8.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

I dont know what I'm doing raising here, I remember reading that a lot of the time you raise when 4 flush cards come out.. can't remember it totally..

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

So what do you think??
Old 11-28-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: QQ flopped set with horrible turn and river cards...

Check the river. Then urinate in your pants and decide what to do based on the action. I think you'll often get a free showdown here (even vs. some weak flushes) but if someone bets I'm typically going to fold. HU it would be a totally different story of course.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:19 PM

well played from top to bottom
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM

God I hate it when this happens. I check and call one bet + one fold, check/call a check + bet, fold one bet + overcall, and fold bet + raise. I don't think yr bet is horrible, but are you willing to lay down to a raise?

HU this is a bet. With 3 people in there is basically nothing you can do here but ponder over how much Jesus hates you.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No good reads, one of the first couple orbits around...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, BB folds.

Should not slow play this right due to the clubs and the fact that I raised UTG so they will probably check it thought right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with one extra point. It's a coordinated-enough board that anyone with AT, KJ, etc., etc. can talk themselves into calling one small bet to see another card. You should make all draws pay now. Bet for value and expect to get callers. If the board were Q62r, then slowplaying makes sense, in hopes of more action on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Great, what do you guys think about this card, and the passive calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line is OK. Given their calls, I'm thinking someone paired a K or else is playing a middling PP, which people at this level tend to call down forever. AJ might still be sticking around, too. And because it's Party, you could always be up against 5c4c or even 6c3c because somebody loves to play sooted anything. That's a nasty little possibility, but at least they're unlikely to play it aggressively from here on, given your lead.

Anyway, it's nice not to face a raise, which would make AT or an Ax club flush much more of a menace. If you did get raised, you might call down from there, on the hope that some fool is excited about two pair. But the rest of the hand would be a lot less fun.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (8.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

I dont know what I'm doing raising here, I remember reading that a lot of the time you raise when 4 flush cards come out.. can't remember it totally..

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

So what do you think??

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right to take the lead. You're willing to see the river for one more bet -- and you hope that by taking the lead, you push out someone with a very shabby club who decides it can't be good. Such as the guy with 4s4c. It's a slim hope, but it is a way to try to save the hand.

Unfortunately if you're up against something like 88 or TT with a club, they're not letting go.

By the way, if you do bet out here and get raised, what's your line? If you really think you're against a maniac, then you have to call down. Otherwise, it's bet/fold, no?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:50 PM

on the river I think, without knowing anything about him I will have to call one more...
Old 11-28-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the river. Then urinate in your pants and decide what to do based on the action. I think you'll often get a free showdown here (even vs. some weak flushes) but if someone bets I'm typically going to fold. HU it would be a totally different story of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God I hate it when this happens. I check and call one bet + one fold, check/call a check + bet, fold one bet + overcall, and fold bet + raise. I don't think yr bet is horrible, but are you willing to lay down to a raise?

Edit: For this to be a Clarkmeister someone else would have to be the aggressor on the turn, right?

HU this is a bet. With 3 people in there is basically nothing you can do here but ponder over how much Jesus hates you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really like some reads here, but against unknowns I like Greg's line. I think bet/call is bad.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:24 PM

You have come out strong on all streets so your river bet could be taken as you have Ac if you are up against good players but since this is 0,50/1,00 I will check and call one bet and fold to bet+call since there is no way im winning over 2 people. HU I atleast have a chance.

Sorry about the hand, not much more you can do than to start throwing things around you.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:42 AM

lol yea i was thinking, wow someone up there really does hate me, haha