Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Review - Hand 24 - 88 (Hand posted here)

PreFlop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
3 folds, MP calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB calls, 1 fold, MP calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB folds, MP calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls

River: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks

---

I don't understand the flop bet. Check/fold.

I would check/raise this turn, since I think there's a reasonable chance our hand is best + we have 10 outs to improve.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Review - Hand 24 - 88 (Hand posted here)

Is this not a raise preflop as well? Or is 99 more the cutoff in full ring?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this not a raise preflop as well? Or is 99 more the cutoff in full ring?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LAG in me would probably raise, but I don't hate the limp.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:15 PM

I usually raise preflop here with 88, I want the btn out

check/fold this flop

betting into 4ppl on a mono AQ board is really bad
Old 09-02-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise preflop here with 88, I want the btn out

check/fold this flop

betting into 4ppl on a mono AQ board is really bad

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. When I picked this session to look at, I found myself very embarrassed. Clearly my 'poor run' was very much self-induced.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:28 PM

I just got done looking at the hands and there are quite a few interesting hands. Hero had a good run of cards over the hands listed but it looks like he misplayed quite a few of them. Misplaced aggression and some questionable/poor calldowns seem to be the biggest leaks that I can see.

I would like a flop bet better if you had a weaker hand (in general). It is doubtful if anyone will fold a better [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here. This is also a bad board to get into as it is likely to give people better hands or draws. The general idea in big pots with one card flush draws is to fire with the weak ones. So if the flop were Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it might be worth it to bet out with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

C'mon man check/raise the turn. We probably have the best hand here and a nice draw to bail us out if we don't. We certainly have enough equity to bet or check/raise the turn. Also bet the river. It is unlikely that MP has a good flush when he checks so you have to fire away for value since the button will oftentimes not have a flush on this board. This hand seems pretty standard, and you misplayed every street.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 10:40 PM

Shill -

You're right. I really don't know what was happening here. I'd had a few losing sessions, and then my play deteriorated to this. I think it's worth posting just for msyelf - it's definitely made me aware of how poor my own play can get.

So that said, do you call a bet on this flop? It's so hard to talk about the later streets because that bet was so poor, so I'll just focus on the flop.

EDIT: By the way, the last 20 isn't a good run of cards - just picking out ones I actually played. After looking through the hands, it was apparent I knew how to fold 83o PF. Playing 88 post-flop, on the other hand... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM

I dunno I might call a bet but probably not. While we have some implied odds if we hit an eight, we also have negative implied odds since a flush will be out there about 1 time in 7 and the river will commonly sink us. I would think about calling if everyone folded or called...actually I wouldn't think about calling if everyone folded. I would call.

BTW here are some hands I find questionable: 3, 18, 52, 58, 65 to name a few.