Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Should I get a present???

My good friend turned 21 about 2 weeks ago, I didnt get him anything per se, but I was basically the one who picked up the tab for him the whole night (on his actual birthday), about 200$ between the two of us, we had a great time. His girlfriend rented out a suite for the Cardinals game (75$/person or soemthing like that), so EVERYONE could make plans to come (because his birthday was on a monday, our stupid married friends "were too tired"). I just realized I didnt actually get him a "real" present or card etc. Should I? The day after his 21st, he called me up and thanked me for everything, if that helps? And if I should get him something (which I think I will, if I can get off of work early), any suggestions?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Should I get a present???

Dude's don't expect birthday presents from dudes. Plus it sounds like you already got him one.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My good friend turned 21 about 2 weeks ago, I didnt get him anything per se, but I was basically the one who picked up the tab for him the whole night (on his actual birthday), about 200$ between the two of us, we had a great time. His girlfriend rented out a suite for the Cardinals game (75$/person or soemthing like that), so EVERYONE could make plans to come (because his birthday was on a monday, our stupid married friends "were too tired"). I just realized I didnt actually get him a "real" present or card etc. Should I? The day after his 21st, he called me up and thanked me for everything, if that helps? And if I should get him something (which I think I will, if I can get off of work early), any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO me and my friends dont by each other sh it we are happy with the tab getting picked up.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 AM

If he's a good friend you should definately get him something, especially for his 21st birthday
Old 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude's don't expect birthday presents from dudes. Plus it sounds like you already got him one.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a good friend you should definately get him something, especially for his 21st birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K, that was my first inclination, as I never really bought a present for any of my friends before, except a gift certificate to a liquor store, in a nudie card.

I didn't know that guys don't get each other presents...never heard of that

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured 21st was a standard...

bottle of something.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:39 AM

The only time I've bought presents for friends is when I've been out of the US and come across something they'd like that isn't available back home. For birthdays, getting them hammered is plenty.