Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Default JJ again

Reads:
UTG is a rock, 12.7/9 over 174 hands.
Aggression:
flop- 3.67
Turn - 6
river - 6
total - 4.83
went to SD = 33.33
won @ SD = 83.33

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: JJ again

There are tons of differnt routes you can take here out of position after the flop, particularly once it gets heads-up.

I personally like betting the flop, as maybe MP3 will call a bet. If raised behind, I'm calling and stop'n'going the turn.

Another line I like is check-calling the flop and then lead-three-betting the turn.

Your line is fine but sometimes a turn check-raise kills your action a bit too much.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:18 PM

once you are where you are on the turn I think you should cap and bet-call the river.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once you are where you are on the turn I think you should cap and bet-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to disagree. I posted a similar hand a bit ago. If a sixth bet goes in on this hand we are usually toast. Calling the turn three-bet and leading the river assures that 4-5 bets go in on the river, which I think is the right number against the pre-flop capper. Realize that AA and QQ are significant portions of villain's capping range here, and once the A hits, KK becomes quite unlikely.

In fact, the hand is so ugly I think calling the turn three-bet and checking the river becomes reasonable. I personally don't even want to put a fifth bet in.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:44 PM

I would check-raise the flop in the hopes of trapping MP3 and getting in more money when UTG has AK. Not only is he more likely to bet than raise with AK, but he's less likely to bet the turn. When he has a big pair, he'll almost certainly 3-bet you, and then you can check-raise the turn. As it played out, I would donk the turn to prevent KK from checking behind. If he raises I would probably donk-call the river as well, just in case he tries to take a free showdown with AK. This also prevents 5 big bets from going in, and like someone else said, I think you're the underdog once UTG 3-bets.

Scott
Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check-raise the flop in the hopes of trapping MP3

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that was my plan, but i can't trap him if he folds.

Yeah he might check KK behind on the turn, but he's betting every other hand in his range.

I'm liking it playing it the same and c/calling the river. but maybe im just results oriented
Old 11-01-2005, 09:17 PM

I usually take a bet/call the flop bet/3bet the turn line against these types of opponents.