Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 01:35 AM

Default I would like to know what to do here 1k B&M Tourney

I was playing at the New Orleans 1k tourney this sunday when this hand happened.

History:

One hour into the tourney, blinds were 10/25 and I was down ~180 from the starting 1k chip position. We just had a new player moved in from another table with about 1500 chips, he had just shown down a10 on a prflop raise of 65 and a check raise after hitting a j on the flop to two hundred. He was to my immedate right. I had a very tight table image after having kk and aa cracked and only showing down two very large hands to win my tournament chips back.

Well, onto the hand, new player is sitting to my immedate right and I am on the button. He raised to 65, just as the hand before, I look down and have red Q's, I raise to 200 preflop after a long dwell he smooth calls me. Flop comes down J72 he checks to me, I think AJ or something of the sort I bet out 400 trying to just take down the pot right there, and only have 210 left he puts me all in, I have to call. Shows a set of J's you know how the rest of the hand goes, and I don't get to draw out on him. How did I play this here?

Cheers
Old 08-17-2004, 03:33 AM

Default Re: I would like to know what to do here 1k B&M Tourney

jsut a bad beat IMO...you had him 4-1 odds... thats the kind of situation you want to put yourself in. possibly woulda laid down on the flop if you werent so pot committed but i dont see any reason why if it was me i would have in the moment
Old 08-17-2004, 04:57 AM

Default Re: I would like to know what to do here 1k B&M Tourney

Hi TheDingy,

I go all-in on the Flop. You're pot-committed, so you may as well put all your chips in there for a variety of reasons. As many have said before, if you're making a bet or raise that is about 40% of your stack or more, you are better off going all-in. It wouldn't have made a difference though. Tough beat.

-Brian