Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Ths one just hurt my head...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter

SB (t4885)
BB (t1545)
UTG (t4120)
Hero (t4450)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t700</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1500) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, SB calls t1700.

Turn: (t5100) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

River: (t5300) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1850 all-in</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: t5500

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ts Ad (one pair, aces).
Hero has 7d 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins t5500. </font>
Old 05-31-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Ths one just hurt my head...

Here is my thought process:

PREFLOP - I have the better hand. The reraise is because he's a moron and/or sick of me running over him.

FLOP - $100 bet? You know you didn't get anything of that flop! Here! Take this raise and... oh [censored], he called...

TURN - Oh God I [censored] this up. Oh god I [censored] this up. Oh God I... Wait, another $100 bet? Okay, call and pray...

RIVER - Christ I'm a fish...

It turns out that I was right with my reads pre-flop and on the flop yet I STILL feel like I played it badly... Help me...
Old 05-31-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Ths one just hurt my head...

Preflop isnt so bad. Id raise less to 250, but its not too bad of a steal judging by your stack. Call the re-raise - no reason not to (though obviously by betting less your calling less, thats why you keep your steals managable).

Flop, now your blinded by the pot size, and not thinking about his hand. I put his range as between an overpair, or at the very least two broadways with a J. Neither you can beat. Fold up shop.

The only time you should continue on this flop is if you hit trips. Again, if you kept the pot small preflop, you wont be blinded by the unusually small bet (which i read as a i have something, what do you have sorta bet).

Fold on the flop, if he shows a bluff, note it down.

-----

Im not keen discussing the results, but all i can see is that this guy is a retard who cant bet properly. If you take this poor line and see his hand as you do, make a big note on him.

Making notes is my new big thing if you cant tell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phill