Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Easy Fold?

Middle of Stars180sng
blinds are 50/100
Hero is sitting with about 8500 (chipleader) in BB- 16.9/5 (the cards have played themself)
Villian is MP1 with about 6k
Hero has 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian raises to 400
folds around to BB
hero calls
flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero check
Villian bets 1000
Hero raises to 2500
Villian goes all in
Hero ?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Easy Fold?

Instafold.

Lead for 800 yourself. If raised, give him credit and fold. Cheaper that way.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 PM

No, not getting those odds. I call, with TT hurting his odds if he has an open-ender with 78, and I presumably have two outs if he has a lower set or overpair, and five if he has two pair.

Edit: But I really hate checking the flop.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM

Villain raised from MP1 and you want to put him on 78? I understand that people mix up their game a bit, but that is quite a reckless read. I think you are waaaaay behind his range here. Figure 88-AA, and maybe AK, because some people will not lay that down postflop. SO you're crushing 88, tying the other two tens, need to dodge 6 outs twice against AK, and are crushed by everything else. Fold.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, not getting those odds. I call, with TT hurting his odds if he has an open-ender with 78, and I presumably have two outs if he has a lower set or overpair, and five if he has two pair.

Edit: But I really hate checking the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preserve your chips and move on. You just checkraised a preflop raiser, and he pushed. He might have AK or something of the sort once in awhile. But. He has an overpair (or a set) a vast majority of the time. 78 or 2 pair hands are very unlikely. 9x is possible, but with the push over a c/r you have to think big pp, and move on.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Thanks for the imput. I put him on a high PP, but for some reason my fingers decided to donk it up and i called rather quickly. He had JJ. If the flop was lower and the same thing happened would u make the same move?
my rationale was that he had to have a higher PP and the only realistic higher PP he had would be higher than 1010, is this the right mindset for the hand? Or should i just think that he has a higher PP no matter what and just fold?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but for some reason my fingers decided to donk it up and i called rather quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant description. I think you just described half my bust outs over the last month. The fingers are starting to pay a little more attention to the brian, but it's still a big challenge.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the flop was lower and the same thing happened would u make the same move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the exact flop texture I suppose. Hard to answer that.

[ QUOTE ]
Or should i just think that he has a higher PP no matter what and just fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you need to contest this somehow. But you need to do it where you lose the least when you are dominated. You have a great chip position so don't squander it in a guessing game. I'd probably lead the flop and if raised, I'd give him credit and fold. A c/r is OK, but it's a little more costly.