Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Default misclick then continue to bluff-2/4 UB

i was browsing 2+2 and i found a thread that i liked and right as i clicked on "flat" mode one of my tables popped up and it just so happens that right where i was clicking was the "bet pot" button and the so far the pot had been potted and repotted. so my raise was for around $226 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

i was holding the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], everyone folded including the original raiser and then it came around to the reraiser and he thought for a little bit and calls my raise. so obviously he has AA/KK but i am fairly certain he has KK or he would have pushed correct? and my raise looks really fishy because it was so big right? so he won't fold with kings.

the flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i have about 625 left and he has about 650.

he bets 150? this bet almost confirms that he has kings.

i push all-in.

he thinks until his timer is almost out. he types, "i know you have AK or JJ but i have too much money in the pot."

he calls.

here are my questions:

1. should i have just shut down after the mis-click?

2. was this pot to big to move him off of any two cards?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: misclick then continue to bluff-2/4 UB

He has plenty of fold equity and his lead on the flop (given the preflop action) confirms the likely accuracy of your read. If he's ready to call and stick roughly half his original stack in there on a two-outer, reload and keep playing as long as he's there - he'll pay you off doubly on future hands once he sees your hand.
In short, you probably made a very nice read against a very weak player. However, even perceptive players at the table will likely have a WTF-type reaction, so expect to show down more hands while waiting on your next monster.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even perceptive players at the table will likely have a WTF-type reaction, so expect to show down more hands while waiting on your next monster

[/ QUOTE ]
although i spend time reading this site while playing i had watched close to every hand this guy had played and this was a player with the ability to make a big laydown. this move i made IMO was +EV at the time but in retrospect i am trying to find the leaks in the betting patterns and the raises and reraises since it happened so screwy.

in my mind i put him on the correct hand and with the dangerous board and facing his entire stack being taken away it looks (at the time) like the right play but of course he made the call so you have to analyze your play b/c somewhere something didn't go right. this is why i posted it to see if either a) there was a leak or even b) i should have just shut the hand down b/c he wasn't going away.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 PM

"i was browsing 2+2 and i found a thread that i liked and right as i clicked on "flat" mode one of my tables popped up and it just so happens that right where i was clicking was the "bet pot" button and the so far the pot had been potted and repotted. so my raise was for around $226 ."

This is obviously your biggest and most easily avoidable mistake. With the time it takes for u to read 2+2 and focus on analysis and learning instead of on actual gam thought u can just add a table.

Is a 3bet pf standard for you with AK/AQ/JJ pf? I doubt he will lay it down because he figures you for AAA. Is he this weak?

Also I hope you didnt tell your opponents you misclicked and stuck around the table to get the type of action a play like this will generate.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously your biggest and most easily avoidable mistake. With the time it takes for u to read 2+2 and focus on analysis and learning instead of on actual gam thought u can just add a table.

[/ QUOTE ]
i understand it's not the best idea to browse the threads while playing and i usually keep it to a minimum but i had nice stranglehold on this soft table. i had watched them over the course of 4 hours and only twice had someone new joined and only one player changed gears on me with their play, villain was not one of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Is a 3bet pf standard for you with AK/AQ/JJ pf? I doubt he will lay it down because he figures you for AAA. Is he this weak?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, to be honest at that particular table i hadn't three bet once. if i had, i am not sure if this player thinks this like this anyway. yes, he might be that weak.
[ QUOTE ]
Also I hope you didnt tell your opponents you misclicked and stuck around the table to get the type of action a play like this will generate.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i copied and pasted the hand history to my best friend and we both got a nice laugh. i decided to go to bed although i don't think there is anything wrong with hanging around for the action that it would generate if you were to say you misclicked, but i don't ever talk in the chat box's. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 07:46 PM

no reason to turn a $226 mistake into an $800 mistake.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:36 PM

I don't really see how this guy makes the call with KK, if at the same time he is capable of big laydowns. You must be a real maniac.

If your opponent is intelligent (which doesn't seem to be true, unless you are quite a maniac), he isn't calling to hit a set, so he has AA or KK. Flop comes with an ace, so you might expect him to have KK somewhat more than 2/3 of the time here (maybe he calls with QQ preflop some small percentage, maybe he reraises with AA preflop some percentage).

Say you have zero equity v AA and 20%vKK. Break even point should be.

.33*0*1702+.66[(1-z)*.2*1702+z*1227]=851

z=106%, which is seriously not profitable, if this math is correct.

If he would always rereraise AA [has KK 100% here] then the breakeven point is:

[(1-z)*.2*1702+z*1227]=851

z=~57%
math might be wrong.
The fact that he leads has to make his holding KK more likely.

This has got to be a highly profitable move if the following conditions are true:

1. Your image is not that of a maniac
2. Opponent isn't an idiot.
3. Opponent won't smoothcall your reraise with AA often.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he leads has to make his holding KK more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and he did have KK.
[ QUOTE ]
This has got to be a highly profitable move if the following conditions are true:

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Your image is not that of a maniac

[/ QUOTE ]
no, definately not a maniac but maybe LAG. i hadn't really gotten out of line but they had called me down and i had shown some weak starting hands and they made comments, but no i was never really out of line.
[ QUOTE ]
2. Opponent isn't an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
not an idiot. this is why his call he made confused the hell out of me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Opponent won't smoothcall your reraise with AA often.

[/ QUOTE ]
his preflop call almost told me kings. he didn't want to get in a postflop fight with me if he had aces, he would have just pushed and let UB decide our fate. he knows that i play a lot of hands and like to see a lot of flops so i know he would push with aces. then his weak bet on the flop confirmed his kings.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:36 AM

This happened once to me and I was lucky enough to get a good result. I think your move looks pretty scary, you are really representing a premium PP here. Some people are incapable of laying down fairly good hands though, and this is what happened here.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:42 AM

My recommendation is to turn flat mode on permanently.